For Sale 1969 Newport convertible for $4500 in KC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixpkrt

Reaction score
Contact seller
This looks like a good deal for somebody wanting a vert.
Looks to have some nice options, including console shifter, power windows w/P-wing vents, and a 383 HP engine, and a newer top.

Pimp Ride-69 Chrysler Newport Convertible

69 HP Newport 1.jpg
69 HP Newport 2.jpg
69 HP Newport 3.jpg
69 HP Newport 4.jpg
69 HP Newport 5.jpg
69 HP Newport 6.jpg

still cannot get over the 2 ashtrays in the front dash. seems my 1st car 73 Newport 4 dr had like 6 ashtrays and I did not smoke. Nice car seems priced decent as well.

Agree. Looks nice. If its really as nice as the pics show, the price is right. The saddle interior is not only nice, but interesting too. How many Newports were ordered with a console? But “Pimp Ride”??? What’s up with that?

Looks like a pretty well optioned car. If you look closely you can see some rot above the booster. I'd expect to find more. Overall not a bad project car for someone trying to get into a Chrysler vert.

In addition to the unclipped/broken trim on the passenger side (thanks @ImpJay for pointing it out), the bright trim around the wheel well is missing on the front (the car has been repainted, and I assume that the trim has not been reinstalled).

Most cars I have seen have a thick molding ("door edge protectors" in Data Book speak, an option on Newports) that runs all along the side (as on the KC car), PLUS a small half stainless moon brightening the front wheel well above that side molding BUT none on the rear wheel. The data book seems silent, and none of the original photos I have seen helps.

--> Question for the experts on the side trim: what is correct on a 69 Newport 'vert? What I see below? What is the correct part number for that round trim piece?

image_4981.jpg

Last edited:
still cannot get over the 2 ashtrays in the front dash. seems my 1st car 73 Newport 4 dr had like 6 ashtrays and I did not smoke. Nice car seems priced decent as well.
Everyone smoked back then, even the kids.

s-l1000.jpg

Most cars I have seen have a thick molding ("door edge protectors" in Data Book speak, an option on Newports) that runs all along the side (as on the KC car), PLUS a small half stainless moon brightening the front wheel well above that side molding BUT none on the rear wheel.
door edge protectors are the chrome strip pressed on the door edge on the green car shown above but not present on the subject car. half moon above the front wheel and associated moulding along the side of vehicle is aluminum and highly subject to damage. an impact sufficient to dislodge it will damage it. no trim on rear wheel arch is correct.

In addition to the unclipped/broken trim on the passenger side (thanks @ImpJay for pointing it out), the bright trim around the wheel well is missing on the front (the car has been repainted, and I assume that the trim has not been reinstalled).

Most cars I have seen have a thick molding ("door edge protectors" in Data Book speak, an option on Newports) that runs all along the side (as on the KC car), PLUS a small half stainless moon brightening the front wheel well above that side molding BUT none on the rear wheel. The data book seems silent, and none of the original photos I have seen helps.

--> Question for the experts on the side trim: what is correct on a 69 Newport 'vert? What I see below? What is the correct part number for that round trim piece?

View attachment 295500

rags is correct about the trim. The part number for the rounded trimi piece on the front fender is 2933342-3 (right and left sides). But I don't think you will find those available anymore, although Brads might have them. If none are available, I do have some good used ones though.

Have anyone contact with seller? I am very interesting on this Newport. Has this Newport FT, BC?

Very interesting indeed......great options you may never find again on a 69 newport. Console, windows, vents and 383 hp! Great deal if the underside isnt rotten.

Being local, I can look at this for anyone if they'd like.

My father believes this is the same one he looked at last year before the weather got cold. He says he drove it and it drove really nice.

The guy thought he had it sold when contact information was left with the wife.(according to her anyway)

Probably because it has some rust in the lower body and elsewhere and the interior is pretty much a loss with everything needing redoing inside. The car has been sitting outside for many years in the sun. I think in the winter they do have it under some cover though. It needs a lot of $$$ spent on it. Body work, paint, interior, door panels, carpet, instrument panel pad and that is just the beginning. The initial price doesn't matter much in the face of the reality that presents a potential buyer, despite the really plentiful and desirable options. It is really a restoration project it seems to me, and where do you stop once you get going? Bottom line is you need to really love the car and understand that it is pretty much a complete restoration.

and it's just a newport not a three hundred. the restoration cost is the same, but the value of a newport vs. three hundred will be far less. if someone had to have a '69 newport convertible specifically, this is a good one. good as it is, the car's not loaded. drum brakes, no cruise control, non tilt column. can't tell if power door locks. thinking cornering lights not optional on newport. road wheels optional?

Can someone explain to me this marketing non-sense involving 1969 color names?

(i) three brands (P/C/D) use different names for the same ET5 color. Usually, I would say "let marketers be marketers" -- but, last I checked, bronze (alloy) and copper (metal) are objectively not the same color.

(ii) two brands apparently used the same name for two different colors ("Burnished Bronze" = T7 at Plymouth but T5 at Chrysler).

Credit: this picture was clipped from the Hamtramck registry.

T7_T5 CDPI 1969.png

Looks nice. I’d be interested and look at it, but it’s too far. And I’m not willing to pay shipping.
Hopefully someone finds this car interesting enough to give it a home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back