1969 Plymouth Fury "Pursuit" coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what it looks like from Central Florida, I think the best way to find out all the problems up front is to strip the entire car down to the bare body, including removing the stub frame and either media blast it or ideally dip it into a chemical tank to see what remains that can be worked with. There looks to be a lot of areas that appear solid but my be "punky" and impossible to weld to.

there is a lot of areas that will have rustholes after cleaning them, no matter if blasted or a metalbrush.

But compared to some of the "rebuild" Daytonas and Cudas it sure looks like gold.
I hope it won't have many rustholes in the framerails. But that is all fixable if you really want to.
Rust means work but I am used to deal with it and it doesn't scare me.

Carsten

the lower fenders are always the first to go. you can look at pictures of desert cars and they are rusted out there. the fact that your lower fenders still exist at all is a good sign.

Quite in contrast to the missing upper quarter panel. ;)

Would need to know more about this as a police car with a PM VIN.
It may have ben used by a police department but not being a police package car makes it less valuable.
The pedigree is all his car has so the documentation better be there.

The other thing is this car is a hardtop, the other one a sedan a rare car on its own.

The jury is still out on this one.

Alan

Very cool car Aidan! I have a 69 Fury 1 2 dr, not a police car but is a 383 magnum with a stick. Will be watching to see the progress on yours. My buddy Dan owns the 70 2dr you posted his craigslist ad. Neat car and a great runner/driver but needs a big block back in it!

Very cool car Aidan! I have a 69 Fury 1 2 dr, not a police car but is a 383 magnum with a stick. Will be watching to see the progress on yours. My buddy Dan owns the 70 2dr you posted his craigslist ad. Neat car and a great runner/driver but needs a big block back in it!

That sounds interesting .. let's see it :)

Thanks tallhair! I will be putting some up tonight or tomorrow. One of the guys was nice enough to walk me through how to add pics on this site.

I posted a few pics on here for ya to check out tallhair. In the forums in the fuselage section. Let me know what you think!

Will you PLEASE fix that. It's driving me nuts!!

I can change it since you asked nicely but I spelt it that way or purpose emoticonbigsmile.gif

emoticonbigsmile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back