1969 power bench seat wiring help

tinnman75

Reaction score
I am putting my interior back in on my 1969 New Yorker and while I have the bench seat out, I wanted to lube and test all the movements. I have a good battery powering the red and black connector, under the seat, to the seat switch, but I get no movement at all thru any of the switch commands. I cleaned up all the male and female pin connectors for the switch and have 12v on on female block for the switch. Any help would be great.

Last edited:
I assume the seat worked prior to pulling the interior out. Are you getting any clicking like it is trying to move? Do you have a good ground? Try using the frame for a ground.

Thanks for the reply, The car sat for a long time when I got it out of the barn and never checked the seat, I just went into the restoration of it. Yes, all grounds are good and clean. I am going to pull the motors tonight.

Those switches can be finicky. You might need take it apart and clean the contacts. There is a procedure in the FSM on how to jump the switch pins to get power to the motor and check the action and test the switch. There is a member here that rebuilds the switches as well, @Devinism.

Back