SOLD 1970 300 2 door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arzak

Reaction score
Contact seller
This is my car, I bought it almost a year ago and have enjoyed making repairs and getting this 45 year old beauty reliable and driveable. It's not perfect, but most of the hard work has been done, and before I spend any more money on some aesthetic choices I have decided I'd rather try to sell it and free back up my garage space for the winter.

IMG_0730.jpg
IMG_0729.jpg
IMG_1069.jpg
IMG_0796.jpg
00707_cDCFl9Z4BX0_600x450.jpg
00909_aDUy6lxRQuv_600x450.jpg
IMG_1340.jpg

Here is a small list of options, accessories, all the jazz...

The title is in my hand. Previous owner said It got a 6,500 dollar body and paint job in 2004.
Exterior looks very good, there is only one small rust area in the trunk.

Has the original Mopar 440 block, it has had a large cam installed with lifters, dress up kit on engine,
Hooker Super Comp headers, MSD blaster ignition, Holley 4 bbl carb, electric fuel pump.
Spring of 2013 it got new shoes, brakes and shocks. Indy fire hawk 500 Firestones,
the tires don't have 700 miles on them yet.

GOOD:
New exhaust with Flowmaster 40 Series Mufflers.
New battery connections,
New vacuum line and cap from manifold to brake booster, New power brake booster, still have the original
New vacuum actuated water valve, heater and vent controls work well.
Edelbrock Performer RPM Series Manifold For B/B Chrysler #7193
Comp-Cams cam and lifters. Unknown which one.
Holley 4160 Adjustable Float Carburetor 80508-1 1778 750cfm
New spare rim and tire, and 4 way tire iron.
I have NOS door weather strips for both doors, not installed yet. Also new quarter window weather strips not installed yet.

BAD:
Needs Headliner, seats recovered
Rust spot in trunk.
AC not charged, everything is there.
No radio, but speakers are there.

Car is located in NE Kansas, 66030.

$7500, feel free to ask me any questions.

http://imgur.com/a/L2u18

http://imgur.com/a/qcKyI

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

00707_cDCFl9Z4BX0_600x450.jpg

00909_aDUy6lxRQuv_600x450.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

That's my kinda iron!!! Having just bought one after looking for quite some time I'm sure it will go quicky. Good luck and please tell us you have something just as nice to put back in the garage.

Very nice. Wish I had room for it but then I'd still need to get Congressional approval for the expenditure. :laughing4:

I like it... maybe you'll deliver it to Orlando and accept a ridiculously low offer? Its ok I wouldn't either... if that's all the rust to deal with... really nice find for someone.

I like it... maybe you'll deliver it to Orlando and accept a ridiculously low offer? Its ok I wouldn't either... if that's all the rust to deal with... really nice find for someone.

Cantflip, that would make for a pretty epic final road trip. Feel free to make me an offer, the worst I can say is no. :)

Several inquiries on the car, so here are some more photos. Dash, underbody, and more of the trunk condition.
IMG_1346.jpgIMG_1347.jpgIMG_1348.jpgIMG_1349.jpgIMG_1350.jpgIMG_1351.jpgIMG_1352.jpgIMG_1353.jpgIMG_1354.jpgIMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

Looks bad, but its all surface rust in the trunk. Only small holes are over on the passenger side.

Nice looking ride. 1 of my favs. Got a radio for it if your interested.
Good luck selling.
:icon_lol:

Cantflip, that would make for a pretty epic final road trip. Feel free to make me an offer, the worst I can say is no. :)

In all honesty, I have been sitting here percolating on this one. Its not what I'm looking for, but I like it so much. I am operating on a loose budget of $5k for my 1974-78 Imperial/NY search. I would like to pay less and may pay more for the right one. I think you are fairly priced, but I don't follow that model to really know. I am sorry, but I just don't believe I could make you a proper offer at this moment. I am very glad you have action on your ad and the rust issue really looks great to me. Good luck on your sale... this will F@#k up me sleep for some time I think.

In all honesty, I have been sitting here percolating on this one. Its not what I'm looking for, but I like it so much. this will F@#k up me sleep for some time I think.

Then this could be the one. I've had a few that I lost sleep over and they reside within my garage now... but until they did I was in a sleep deprivation state.

Shooter65, do you think I'm priced too high?
That's a very difficult question to ask. Everything below is only my opinion and I'm a restoration guy, not a restomod guy. On one hand, C-Bodies don't have the following of other cars. This car is modified and for the current market, that seems to be a detractor. It is VERY sharp and presents well. C-body parts are hard to come by but the trunk pan, headliner, seat covers are available aftermarket so that's a bonus. The radio, the only option is to put in an aftermarket or find one on this site, which I think someone offered above or ebay. They're relatively common on ebay so that shouldn't be a problem. Long story short, I think your on the upper end of the spectrum but what it all boils down to is finding the right buyer. Someone will probably buy at that price but it may take you some time. I believe C-Bodies are becoming more popular which is evident by the fact that Legendary is making seat covers now. The more popular they become, if they do, the more your car is worth. Engine work is always tricky. I won't touch a car that the engine has been modified because first, I'm a resto guy but also because I don't know who did it or if they knew what they were doing. Not a statement to your car, that's any car for me. Some of the really good things is that according to your fender tag it has the 727 HD trans, power front disc brakes, and came originally with the 8 track option. Options always help the price. Also, unless repaired I don't see any rust around the bottom of the rear window. That's a big plus for Fusie C-Bodies. There was a recall back in the day for this problem but most cars never got taken in for the fix.
I know I didn't really answer your question but you can ask 20 people and get 20 answers. You could always pay someone to appraise it for you but even that is subjective to an extent. It boils down to what you want for the car. As everyone knows, it's always better to start high because you can come down but you can't come up on the price.

Keep editing this post but you may want to check out the Chrysler 300 Club website. Might be some info there. http://www.chrysler300club.com/

Shooter65, that is some solid explanation and I really do appreciate the thought and time you put in to your response.
You're spot on for the un-original parts and stuff detracting from the current market value.

I believe C-bodies come popular when AMD etc starts to make parts for us. :)
Who does trunk pan for c-bodies? And is it usable?

I think you're close on price..... Two door, no vinyl top, buckets....mostly solid...you're there

Over 10 year old repaint and super clean seams and window surrounds for example show it's been a Quality Body/paint Job, so in my book what I see qualifies for a good example. You safe a lot of Money if the outside is well, the rest of the Body is minor issues.

I wouldn't say that with the same confidence if it were a paintjob a couple of months old, in fact I never buy freshly painted cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back