Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looks B5 Bright Blue to me...

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=261443945

a.jpg

b.jpg

Me think we've seen this one before, when it was still in AZ as the (German text of the) ad states:

For Sale - 1970 300 (eBay)

1970 Chrysler 300 Series | eBay

If I am right (and I think I am, just compare the side-view picture's "patina" patterns in the two ads; or, look at the engine pics), then the price has gone up from $5k (eBay winning bid) to $16k (asking price = 13.5k euros). From the latest ad it looks like some things may have been fixed. Taking those into account, would be interested in knowing the typical markup for the S&H + the hassle of passing the car through inspection / registering the car in Germany. Carsten, thoughts?

BTW, here is the fender tag from the eBay listing:

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
So many are lost to the shores of Europe only to be on a perpetual selling turntable

As long as the car ends up with an enthusiast who treats her well, all should be well that ends well IMHO.

AFAICT, the eBay car did not get treated particularly well by an earlier owner on these shores, cue the shape of its disintegrating roof and the lousy paint job noted by @saforwardlook here: 1970 300 (eBay)

Last edited:
the auction got won by a dealer.
They just bought it to flip it and that is what they are doing.

It was twice on ebay.
sep 2016 it sold for 6200$ and this spring for 5k$
The owner inbetween wrote he did some stuff to the car.

Despite that the dealer probably paid like 9-9,5k$ till it was at his place

Carsten

So many are lost to the shores of Europe only to be on a perpetual selling turntable

They only end up on a perpetual selling turntable if priced unrealistically. Once in the hands of a collector they are usually much-valued possessions.

Advertised price is not selling price.This car was here on the board as a CL ad. I cannot find the thread, though. 7k $ or so. It reappeared over here at 18k €, fully registrated. The last time I saw it advertised the seller requested 13k €. I assume the profit was not huge at that price.

Beautiful car, every option. But still a lot of work if you do not like tons of patina and marks of a long life. Sorry for all the censoring but I am a bit frightened of our data privacy laws.

2.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back