For Sale 1970 300 Hurst Convertible 1 of 1 original $150,000 E-Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. Hello old Hurst guy. Meant to ask you earlier If your Bride went thru' that whole bottle of Tequila while you were gone last fall or if she saved you ah little taste? lol.....How you doin' Pal

Yeah been on both clubs. Been on 300 Intl club on off since 1976. Was WAY different then. Bob Dupin took me racing in his 58 300 D FI, He even had extra set of FI badges! Talk about rare! He found a FI setup but owner wouldn't sell. He would only trade for 65 Barracuda Formula S. We couldn't find 1.
He also went racing in his 60 300 F. I remember going INTO a ramp at 60 mph and coming OUT of the ramp onto the freeway at 100 MPH. Oh the sound of those log rams! Suspensions on letter cars was/is unmatched

A story I got from Bob Dupin's brother inlaw is that Bobby and Steve did a repaint on the Hurst at one time. That accounts for the change in decal and location.

My records show the 70 300H convertible was repainted in 1988, (big mistake by hindsight).

Also, the "Hurst" decals on the rear quarter panels were applied, removed and re-applied by Hurst depending on the region, circuit, year and the track.

The location of the decals also differed, depending on who applied them. Often, they were not "straight" on the car.

The "second" vairation is actually a two piece decal. The car was also shown at various tracks/Races without/minus a "Hurst" decal on the qtrs.

FP

Soundz like that ride might have taken place somewhere around Ecorse rd. In Ypsilanti? Two complete Fi setups that I know of are the one in the LA area in SoCal and an IS actual FI "D" and I forget the Gentleman's name rite now, and the other FI complete setup is on a '58 Dodge somewhere on the east coast and that Dodge was born with that FI setup too and The car haz just recently been treated to a ground up within the last couple yearz. Theirs ah bunch of good guyz that have left us but the club goez on and is in pretty good handz as I wright this. Drop by Macungie, Pa. the last couple dayz of July and first couple dayz of August and say hi to a few you might remember. 60th Anniversary of the 300 letter carz iz taking place there as a joint meet of both 300 clubs(And that's just one of the new and positive improvements in attitude in both clubs) and I'm ah newby. I just got my 25 year pin ah couple yearz ago, Jer

Hi Jerry, yea, that bottle made it to Daytona this spring......for some reason we can't get into margaritas when the temps are 30 to -20 here in the winter. The "banana dude" helped to kill it in Daytona with us. Just in case your missing Michigan weather.....it's 46,wet,with a 25 mph wind from the north this morning, and the roads still suck. I hope ya'll are doing good, I'll be calling.

Jer, there is a gentleman out here in Southern California that says he has an original FI 300D and his name is Sherwood Kahlenberg. He says he has all the parts needed to make it run, but for as long as I have known him, he has not had it running nor have I even seen the car. So whether his claims are real or not is speculative. Maybe that is not the person you were thinking of?

That iz the gentleman Steve and as per my long time friend Jimmy Golden who has now gone to meet his maker, Sherwood and Jimmy were long time friendz and the many timez Jimmy made the pilgrimage to the shaky side he alwayz camped out at Sherwoodz Ponderosa for Beer 'n Bench racing. And the FI "D" came up more then ah few timez in conversations between Jimmy and I and he'd told me more then once that the car waz in Sherwoodz garage, He's seen it there, it's complete and Sherwood doesn't care if it ever runz or not az long az he haz all the pieces to make it run. OH HELLO, I just scanned the '14 roster and don't find Sherwoodz name in there. Wonder if he'z still on this side of the sod or bench racing with Jimmy? I'll check on that at Carlisle and or Macungie in July and let you know what's known, Jer

Howie my friend. You need to find and stock pile a reasonable amount of some libation that will warm the cocklez of your everything. Thought I taught yeah better? Man can not go 6 monthz without consuming copious amountz of something that'll warm him OR HER as it slidez all the way down. AND IT'LL KEEP THE SNOW SNAKEZ AWAY TOO 'CUZ THEY KNOW THAT IF THEY BITE YOU THEY DIE. Glad the Banana Dude got ah taste of Your and Becky's Margarita hospitality. My cell phone iz tied around my neck Pal. Say Hi from me to your Bride, Brother and your Dad too, Jer

Sherwood is still around Jer, as I saw him at the Spring Fling out here in Van Nuys in April and had a short chat with him. He was with Per Blixt (Jay Leno's chief paint/body guy) and Per's newly restored 300D. He is a member of the WPC club I believe, but I doubt he has been a member of the 300 clubs in the recent past.

Steve

300h convertible

Sherwood is still around Jer, as I saw him at the Spring Fling out here in Van Nuys in April and had a short chat with him. He was with Per Blixt (Jay Leno's chief paint/body guy) and Per's newly restored 300D. He is a member of the WPC club I believe, but I doubt he has been a member of the 300 clubs in the recent past.

Steve

Not meaning to be rude here but this thread is being "hi-jacked", maybe you guys could send private messages to each other or email, or use the telephone???

This thread is supposed to be about the 1970 300H Convertible.

Respectfully,

FP

Not meaning to be rude here but this thread is being "hi-jacked", maybe you guys could send private messages to each other or email, or use the telephone???

That's the way it rolls here. Threads drift in and out of the topic all the time.

It's more like guys sitting around the shop BS'ing and the subject changes as they talk. It's a good thing....

No not hi-jacked. But I think you just killed the thread grave yard dead. Shish, Why doez some body alwayz wanna be dah sheriff when this social gathering site doesn't really need one?

This thread is supposed to be about the 1970 300H Convertible.

Respectfully,

FP
If you have something to add about the original post don't let us stop you, just pipe up.

I think every comment on this thread has been relevant, especially Jer's. It puts the current auction into perspective, and sheds light on this car's whole history. This "1 of 1" did not exist in a vacuum, and I find the comments about the 300 club interesting and revealing.

Nothing got jacked.
The original posting plus the subsequent replies have taught me more about the subject than I could have learned by a month of Googling.
And special thanks to Jer.

#1 is now for sale:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-30...tr=true&hash=item2ee22f54fa&item=201363248378

image.jpg

image.jpg

Unbelievable history for us Chrysler enthusiast's, check out the pictures on Ebay, what a great opportunity for someone with the means to buy and restore it. Great photos to add to your collection, ( if your into that), and the ad says that more photos and information will be added as they just pulled it out of the building it was stored in for so many years. The Chrysler 300 club is having their national meet here in Sparks, NV. this weekend, i'm sure there will be much to talk about....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back