1970 300 Hurst - on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
A hang-on A/C unit on a 300Hurst?? On the passenger side yet.
And no control arm splash shields.

Last edited:
There is an extensive library of resto photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/105055096@N07/10220113745/in/photostream/

This is very nicely done, though I have to admit these cars never really did much for me. One thing strikes me as odd: what's with the add-on A/C?

70hurstint.jpg

70hurstint.jpg

Greg,

This car had very few of the expected factory options.... I.E. manual mirrors, no cruise control and (yes,) no factory A/C. When I got the car it had 1970's era after market A/C and most of the components were missing or broken. I had a choice to remove it completely or replace it. I chose to replace it with a new under dash unit as finding a complete period correct conversion would have been difficult if not impossible.

Thanks
Bill

Splash Shields are an easy add on. It's a nice car although if it was a non factory A/C car I probably would have restored it as such, but that's just me. Good luck with the sale! Very nice car!

Thanks!

The splash shields are on the car now..... Just not on the day of this car show (as I was in a rush to do other things like finish buffing and cleaning etc.).... hours before this photo the car was still being detailed.... could not get to everything that day.

Greg,

This car had very few of the expected factory options.... I.E. manual mirrors, no cruise control and (yes,) no factory A/C. When I got the car it had 1970's era after market A/C and most of the components were missing or broken. I had a choice to remove it completely or replace it. I chose to replace it with a new under dash unit as finding a complete period correct conversion would have been difficult if not impossible.

Thanks
Bill

Thanks Bill. That is really interesting as to the lack of options. I would have thought all the 300 Hursts were nearly fully loaded. I guess that just shows how things were done back then. I don't want to leave you with the wrong impression that I don't like the car. It just isn't the one for me.

I am really impressed with the photos of the restoration. You obviously did a very thorough job. Well done, and good luck with the auction.

wmhodge99 some tips if you want top dollar:

1) Add a lot more pictures showing details of the car- especially the fibre-glass parts- specifically showing fit/ finish....the fibre-glass bits were notorious for warping and you want to show that isn't an issue if it's truly done to Number 1 resto specs.

2) You mention Spinnaker White, but not the correct Sauterne Firemist (a Cadillac colour) for the stripes. A lot of 300 Hursts are repainted in the wrong gold. It appears you have the right colour, so I'd emphasize the research into the restoration.

3) You have the incorrect exhaust tips from the flickr pics...an often screwed up detail in restorations of these cars. 300 Hursts used 70 Challenger tips as per the pic attached (Note the 4 openings).

The Vogue tires are an excellent touch to what looks like the nicest 300 Hurst I've seen in some time. The gold stripe on them really works with the factory striping. Good luck with the sale.

70chr_hurst_press_101.jpg

Last edited:
Mr. C,

Thanks for your input!

I will add photos of the hood and deck lid.... They do line up... But only after major rework to the deck lid.

You ar correct th Sauterne Firemist was correctly applied.... Thanks to information gathered at this WEBSITE....

Thanks for the exhaust tip info...

Thanks
Bill

Greg,

I have spoken with several Hust experts and they agree with you. "This is the lowest optioned Hurst around". I know, not much of a sellling point. But, I'll have to go with it for now.

Only an AM radio too.

Thanks
Bill

I just went through all your photo...WOW you did a really nice job restoring the car!! If I was in the market for one of these cars...I'd definitely step up to the plate on this one. Even if it is a bit sparse on options...I think that makes it just a bit out of the norm.

70nport,

Thanks for the input..... Your comments seem consistent with others..... The A/C does come in handy on hot summer days but appears to offend the eyes.... You should have seen the day one unit that was installed by the original owner.... Maybe I should have restored it as a tribute to 70's era after market A/C bolt on's

thrashingcows,

Thanks for you kind comments concerning the restoration. Many others agree with you concerning the lack of options and the possible collectability factor.

Thanks
Bill

Now we're talking, I have always liked these cars and this one being stripped down is perfect right down to it not being an AC car.
I may have wanted one of these longer than a CHP car, not in my budget but I so want this car.

Alan

Congratulations on a beautiful restoration. You should have no problem selling it if your reserve is reasonable.

I used to drool over hurst 300s....not so much now though, prefer the regular 300 model these days. Would love to know why someone would order one of these things brand new and not spring for the factory a/c.

Nice car. I probably would of restored it without the A/C. I personally don't like the aftermarket A/C units hanging under the dash. As the others have said.....it's the nicest one I've seen for sale in a long time. Good luck with your sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back