1970 B5 Sport Fury GT...Critters folly....back to basics

Wow Critter, going to be a busy winter!! Are you going to drive this one or will it be a storage box partner for the '71 GT?
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Welcome back Critter! It's been too long since you were here with something car related... you're just too damned efficient I suppose.

A perfect car for you, by now I figured you should be able to field strip her in the dark. Nice mouser that came with her too... you will really learn to enjoy the company of a cat. The best is when they decide it's feeding time and you're still asleep (silly humans). That cat really does seem to love the car... how could that be bad?

A little help for the care and maintenance of your new friend...
7c1ca2c8150bf7dd7f27a0eb9ffa2da5.jpg

#1. Congratulations.:thumbsup:
#2. Now WTF are you gonna do with it?:poke:
#3. There's another car that caught my eye...

View attachment 201022
Yeah, even I had a WTF moment when I saw that...

I think Graham is the perfect guy for her... he hasn't admitted to doing anything stupid for at least a month or two. :D If he doesn't try to sneak another car into the herd, management will think they can go on a cruise during Carlisle next year too.:lol:

Good looking project for you Critter, it should keep you busy this winter unless it finds it's way across the border to Idaho.

I think Graham is the perfect guy for her... he hasn't admitted to doing anything stupid for at least a month or two. :D If he doesn't try to sneak another car into the herd, management will think they can go on a cruise during Carlisle next year too.:lol:
Just because he hasn't admitted to anything doesn't mean he hasn't done something lol. I believe they're taking a cruise down here to NZ next year and it'll be good to meet them if I don't get to Canada this year. Would be nice to meet the Calgary mob.

You underestimate me sir...I am quite capable of doing stupid stuff still...and the only Formal for me is living 4400 kms away. Maybe a cruise that ends nearby and drive home would work mmmm

while cleanin out fury had some paperwork in a bag on a picnic table and it got blown off and thought ld lost a piece of info and was quite ticked about it so had a look for it this am...l didn't find it but a buddy did....
Hate to think it survived 48 years with car only to have my sorry *** lose it within hours of getting it....
20180723_142938_1532377982461.jpg
20180723_143001_1532377956004.jpg
20180723_143016_1532377955745.jpg

welp its back to basics for me...that means good friends and neat cars and gawd knows theres alotta them around Calgary...seeing as my 70 Fury 3 is off to Austrailia via Alaska and South America needed another fun driver so started looking a cpl weeks ago...
timeing was off for the one out east and Tobias scored the one up in Edmonton but he knew of one sitting stripped with bodywork done in Brooks that he didn't have time for so he shot me the guys no and l contacted him....

Stranger than fiction...

Welp turns out the car was available and the fella l was chatting with was the same fella l had been converseing with about a green GT here in Alberta at the same time l had bought my 71 GT abought 4-5 years ago,,,
Turns out the car was a missing B5 70 GT mentioned in the forums here and had been awol for some 19 years and was found sitting across from a A&W drive through for the last 5 years..
in anycase was good thing l got it when l did as there were inquiries about it last week...
Car is originally from Utah and was delivered Oct 69 to a leaseing Company in Salt lake City l believe...…..
For whatever reason car lost its engine and tranny along the way...being a lease vehicle could be someone drove the crap outa it and blew engine and they sold it...
Car shows as 46,000+ miles and is listed as 46k on transfer papers ect in 96 and has been missing its drivetrain ever since then so with it having only 46,000 and being a Utah car explains the great condition the undercarriage and body was in...
To make a long story weirder and shorter Dan Corley ended up with the car in Washington and sold it to last owner 18-19 years ago at which point car was brought back to Brooks Alberta...bodywork was done on it and has been sitting the last 4-5 years in primer collecting dust and sand....
As happens with alotta folks reality and life set in and car was put on back burner and eventually found by Tobias who passed the info on to me and here were are...
one 1970 Sport Fury B5 GT...thanx Tobias

View attachment 200977

View attachment 200978

View attachment 200979

View attachment 200980

View attachment 200981

View attachment 200982

View attachment 200983

View attachment 200984

View attachment 200985

View attachment 200990
Any time buddy I’m glad that you could make the deal on the GT , I know that the GT is the right Car for you and lucky you are that I have a great running 1970 warranty motor with 30tmls on it for the car and date correct transmission for it.
I was knowing about this GT for a few years but it was never interesting for me because it wasn’t good for the European market they like complete numbers matching cars for some strange reason, too me is dosent matter if a car is numbers match our not.

Back