For Sale 1970 Chrysler 300 convertible in NY (EB7 blue, Long Island)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine. Thanks to @rags for posting CM27T0C169137 's fender tag in the Last Convertibles thread (see decode at the bottom of this post) and alerting me to this 'vert.

Console car! The color combo is a beautiful one (blue/white/white): together with some nice options (A/C, power windows, and fancy radio), this may explain why the seller's thought he could get his original asking price of $34k nine days ago. The price was reduced to $29k three days ago.

The car exterior and interior seems in very good condition, and the paint is claimed to be original. The engine seems to have some non-original bits. It'd be great to see some photos of the trunk or underside to back up the claim of "no rust ever". In the same vein, I wonder why the rear windows are up in all the pics.

01515_c0RcbbK9jux_1200x900.jpg

01616_htXQzYD47n2_1200x900.jpg

01616_lUaKGW0mwH6_1200x900.jpg

00404_4RrnYeXQceA_1200x900.jpg

00c0c_ixPviR4rFn4_1200x900.jpg

00X0X_e5FNQvcJO7Y_1200x900.jpg

00D0D_5YC8BeEnAWj_1200x900.jpg

00N0N_7545DMYzaRA_1200x900.jpg

C: Chrysler
M: Medium (300)
27: Convertible

T: 440 cid 4 barrel V8 350hp
0: 1970
C: Jefferson Avenue, MI, USA

169137: Sequence number

E85: 440 cid 4 barrel V8 350hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
EB7: Medium Blue Metallic Exterior Color
M6XW: Trim - Opt. Decor Group, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Black/White
EW1: White Int. Door Frames
B20: Build Date: November 20
114827: Order number

V3W: White Convertible Top
H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
R37: AM/FM Stereo with 8 Track
R31: Rear Seat Speaker(s)
P31: Power Windows

L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
C16: Console w/Woodgrain Panel

B51: Power Brakes
G11: Tinted Glass (all)

Last edited:
Absolute stunning color combo, possibly well intentioned under the hood but it unfortunately didn’t translate at all, heat stove assembly is missing and maybe he should’ve dealt with whatever is necessitating the brick wheel chock before worrying about a turquoise air cleaner...

At 29 grand I would expect a car that is not missing parts or have ripped parts.
And I would expect everything to be working...

How come we cannot find these sleeping giants before the azzhat flippers get them and ask four times what they paid? Leather interior? Stick shift? Original paint? Not to mention the brick. Still a great color combo and worth half the asking price.

The quarter windows probably quit working otherwise they'd most likely be down in the pictures, too. Top well boot/cover not original as chromed snap buttons can be seen. Fan shroud missing. Whether you like the protective body side molding is yours to decide.

Nice washer bottle, though! :D

I´m sure that this has been advertised earlier, but I can´t figure out where or when. :confused:

The rear windows might be up because at least 1 of them is missing the switch toggle, and the master switch is also.
My nearly-survivor 300 had a different pinstripe - ran full length, pointed at the front tip, and lower on the car. Perhaps a 'vert was different, though?
Whoever put the impact strip down the side did a good job aligning it with the side marker lights, but between it and the pinstripe the car looks like a wedge now. Sometimes things need aligned to the eye, not to body features. Making it shorter at the front would have helped a lot.

This blue one is not a $35k car, nor a $29k car.
Depending on the sheetmetal , if may be a $15k car due to the TLC it needs.

upload_2019-5-26_11-25-45.png

upload_2019-5-26_12-56-32.png

That is one stunner looking 300.......

I love the invisible dual remote mirrors !!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Sleeping Survivor giant awaken after 35 year hibernation in dry heated garage, 440ci probably the best UNRESTORED in the planet #137 out of 1005 only made how many you think are left?,this Luxury muscle car has all the bells and whistles .automatic with stick shift on floor console,power brakes, P steering, P windows, P top ,Factory AC,,dual remote mirrors. Body STRAIGHT as an arrow No Rust ever. ORIGINALpaint,,chrome,,leather interior and canvas top all in excellent condition.even has original tires ,rims and hubcaps...just changed all fluids NEW gas tank and lines .turnkey drive to Pebble beach. Asking 34,000 OBO, consider trades for 50/60s sports car +cash on you side depending on condition Mga///Triumph tr//volvo p1800 //Italia// Corvette ///56/Thunderbird///Harley Davidson//Indian scout//Slingshot all + cash on your side depending on condition of what you have to offer.IF you see ad is still available.leave telephone # and i will call you asap, pictures would be a great help.

00X0X_e5FNQvcJO7Y_600x450.jpg

00w0w_kDpfWmof0De_600x450.jpg

The rear windows might be up because at least 1 of them is missing the switch toggle, and the master switch is also.
My nearly-survivor 300 had a different pinstripe - ran full length, pointed at the front tip, and lower on the car. Perhaps a 'vert was different, though?
Whoever put the impact strip down the side did a good job aligning it with the side marker lights, but between it and the pinstripe the car looks like a wedge now. Sometimes things need aligned to the eye, not to body features. Making it shorter at the front would have helped a lot.

This blue one is not a $35k car, nor a $29k car.
Depending on the sheetmetal , if may be a $15k car due to the TLC it needs.

Congratulations on your sharp eyes concerning the missing window switch(es)!

Convertibles had the same horizontal pinstripe than other body styles so this one on the blue convertible is not original.

At 29 grand I would expect a car that is not missing parts or have ripped parts.
And I would expect everything to be working...

I'd expect everything be damn near perfect and this one isn't even close. I stopped looking once I saw nothing restored in the engine compartment other than that nicely painted air cleaner while ignoring all else. In the end it looks to be a #3 car and I'm sure under carriage pictures would show that to be the case so under $15K.

If not for the unrealistic price I'd bet we'd all be thinking better thoughts on this one. It *is* a pretty decent looking car!
I would pass though, as I would want to remove that stupid (IMO) impact strip - and I would be afraid of what marks that would leave behind.

Just noticed - it's missing the rockerpanel trim on both sides. We should see a sliver of shiny there.

upload_2019-5-26_23-3-22.png

If not for the unrealistic price I'd bet we'd all be thinking better thoughts on this one. It *is* a pretty decent looking car!
I would pass though, as I would want to remove that stupid (IMO) impact strip - and I would be afraid of what marks that would leave behind.

Just noticed - it's missing the rockerpanel trim on both sides. We should see a sliver of shiny there.

View attachment 289321

The bump strips from the factory followed the lower body character line like in this photo, and the rubber strip was black in every case I have seen - like these examples as a reference:

1970_Chrysler_300_%2815304146232%29.jpg

5fced0cf9008a2a7cd2e228472f1ae93.jpg

It would be nice if some of these "sellers" would take more time to research the correct colors for air cleaners and such! Not to mention what the cars should or should not have on them!

The add-on body side molding, if it's a generic stick-on, should be removeable and the remaining foam tape being able to removed without any real issues to the paint. But why the missing lower moldings? That phantom mirror?

The underhood engine paint issues can be fixed. Moldings might take a bit more effort. Plus the missing items noted.

A pretty nice car. With factory a/c and the stereo radio (not sure about the mentioned rear speakers). But, not for the asking price! But the real price, compared to some newer stuff, might be reasonable to the person that doesn't know better. They might have $45K in it after the indiscretions are fixed and have something that'll turn heads anywhere it goes, compared to a used $45K vehicle of other beginnings. But then, a few years later, when the "new" has worn off, that "depreciation monster" will hit and then they find out how much they over-spent in the first place. Hopefully, they'd also get "agreed value" insurance on it!

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Absolute stunning color combo, possibly well intentioned under the hood but it unfortunately didn’t translate at all, heat stove assembly is missing and maybe he should’ve dealt with whatever is necessitating the brick wheel chock before worrying about a turquoise air cleaner...
That brick was the trigger that made me stop taking this car seriously. IMO only a complete nimrod would attempt to market a car as road ready and feel the need to chock a wheel on that little grade. Then I looked at the flipper speak in the ad... I hope he loses his shirt. :elmer:

Well at least it was missing that it was only driven by a little old lady to church on Sundays !!!!!

5876d50a8a0b571775c51fee4ab6a2ee.jpg

The price is now down to $24k. Still too high IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back