NOT MINE 1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst - $11,000 - Davie, Florida

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
At the time of posting, this FB listing is 5 hours old.

1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst - $11,000 - Davie, Florida

FB Description

1970 Chrysler 300 HURST Sedan · Driven 90,000 miles 1970 300H 440TNT, auto Matching #s. needs total restoration. Engine has all machine work done, just needs assy. Complete with Xtra parts.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

CM23U0C211518 @Trace 300 Hurst

Y39 and A12 coding like your car
And my car has 38 Special Order on the bottom of the broadcast sheet, and nobody/nowhere has ANY info regarding that code. I personally have never seen it on any other Mopar broadcast sheet, including Birds, A-12s etc. Is it supposed to be Y38?

I'm going to tag this post over to the Hurst Nerd thread [ 300-H HURST nerd stuff... ] for safekeeping/future reference. :thumbsup:
Broadcast Sheet Hurst.jpg

Last edited:
And my car has 38 Special Order on the bottom of the broadcast sheet, and nobody/nowhere has ANY info regarding that code. I personally have never seen it on any other Mopar broadcast sheet, including Birds, A-12s etc. Is it supposed to be Y38?

I'm going to tag this post over to the Hurst Nerd thread [ 300-H HURST nerd stuff... ] for safekeeping/future reference. :thumbsup:
View attachment 485133
And here I thought Special Order 38 was the optional Bowling Ball Bag.........

V78 stripe delete..........do they mean the normal 300 striping...?
All 300 hursts do have this delete code!!!???

Last edited:
V78 stripe delete..........do they mean the normal 300 striping...?
All 300 hursts do have this delete code???
Every tag that I have seen (surprisingly or coincidentally, that includes the September 24th "prototype" car that was originally in FT6 green, last picture below) has been V78.
IMG_3647.JPG

40777165313_afc8883838_o.jpg

IMG_0044.JPG

Internet Pic of a Hurst Tag.jpg

This is my car:
My Fender Tag.JPG

I can make out the V78 on this car when greatly enlarged:
hurst 4.jpeg

And the September 24 1969 prototype car:
IMG_20170715_111736.jpg

Last edited:

Ummm.

199986 has it too.

A two digit code at the bottom of 70 broadcast sheet is not particularly uncommon.

Some other codes used that year:

02 = Charger
03 = Super Bee
04 = Special Tires
08 = Canadian Job
09 = Employee Preview
13 = Oil Unit
14 = Export
15 = California Exhaust i.e. N95
18 = Trans AM i.e. AARs and T/A Challengers
20 = Sold Car
30 = NASCAR 1 (Superbirds)
38 = Special Order
90 = Calibrated Speedo

CM23U0C199986.jpg

Last edited:
A two digit code at the bottom of 70 broadcast sheet is not particularly uncommon.

Some other codes used that year:

02 = Charger
03 = Super Bee
04 = Special Tires
08 = Canadian Job
09 = Employee Preview
13 = Oil Unit
14 = Export
15 = California Exhaust i.e. N95
18 = Trans AM i.e. AARs and T/A Challengers
20 = Sold Car
30 = NASCAR 1 (Superbirds)
38 = Special Order
90 = Calibrated Speedo
That's interesting info about "bottom of the broadcast sheet" codes, thanks.

As for my 38-Special Order, I realized that it somehow means 'special order', but nothing about my car is special....it's just another Hurst with the usual standard features other than the slight upgrade of an AM/FM. Perhaps it was actually ordered by the First Owner (a fellow name of Virgil Harrison of Clovis, NM, delivered July 24, 1970) versus the Hursts that just showed up at a dealership, with the GM and Sales Manager saying "WTF is that thing?!".

I'm referring to the tag on the car with the open hood, not the prototype car.

hurst 4.jpeg

I'm referring to the tag on the car with the open hood, not the prototype car.
Jeeeze...I spent an hour verifying the prototype story before I responded, but yeah, good point about the open hood car. Yaknow...I've often seen fender tags that are intentionally left to be different than the current paint, I assume to lend a bit of patina and authenticity to a restoration, but to leave it bare metal...I've seen that too and don't understand it. But if it's a bogus tag, why would someone make it glaringly evident by not painting it.

Here's a couple:
IMG_7489.JPG

IMG_2204.JPG

Not my photo...some resto tips from Ehrenberg.
s-l1600.jpg

And then there's rivets....what a dumbass. No sheetmetal screws laying around for your beautiful V-code Cuda, huh?

IMG_7492.JPG

IMG_7493.JPG

4500 is a reasonable price for this car, right?

Seems it's kinda hard to find one for that price. Only seen a few and they were in pretty poor disrepair like this one.

4500 is a reasonable price for this car, right?

Seems it's kinda hard to find one for that price. Only seen a few and they were in pretty poor disrepair like this one.
With the price drop, the engine and trans is no longer included.

That makes sense. He holds the value of the machine work done to the motor. Reasonable.

Back