For Sale 1970 Chrysler Town and Country Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would be way better off buying this car and paying the shipping versus buying a rusty east coast car. The money ahead in rust repair alone.

You would be way better off buying this car and paying the shipping versus buying a rusty east coast car. The money ahead in rust repair alone.
The distance excuse is frustrating. You just don't really want it bad enough if that's the reason

Lowered the reserve if anyone is interested in bidding.

Why is there a lack of interest in this wagon?
On a wild guess... it's not road ready, no wood grain, or too cheap to spend a grand +/- shipping her. I think she's great, but just can't. IDK what the reserve is, but a little mechanical work would even make her a decent flip project for someone willing to take it on.

On a wild guess... it's not road ready, no wood grain, or too cheap to spend a grand +/- shipping her. I think she's great, but just can't. IDK what the reserve is, but a little mechanical work would even make her a decent flip project for someone willing to take it on.

If that's a Dodge, I'd be all in towing it back in July .

A few friends of mine enjoy the Monaco wagon I bought this year, so I've been hounding them about buying this beauty. I'm loaded to the gills at the moment, if I had more room I'd be bidding. Hergfest I really like your setup with all the buildings, very nice.

Why is there a lack of interest in this wagon?
Could it be that this is a non-running wagon that is going to need a new motor or a 3500$ rebuild before one even gets it on the road?

I have a running road-worthy 77 I’m about to list somewhere. I expect to get 3-4K or so and that is for something you theoretically could drive home (tires are old so I wouldn’t be taking it cross country....)

Undertaking a non runner is a lot work for a long while.

The listing states it must be paid for in 7 days. Is there an urgency in getting it off the property? I'm heading out to Utah in the Fall...hmmm.

Could it be that this is a non-running wagon that is going to need a new motor or a 3500$ rebuild before one even gets it on the road?

I have a running road-worthy 77 I’m about to list somewhere. I expect to get 3-4K or so and that is for something you theoretically could drive home (tires are old so I wouldn’t be taking it cross country....)

Could be. A solid wagon is difficult to locate . If this were of the same condition but in The 71 Dodge version I'd be a player in this lottery

I agree. Also being a non runner can as much as double shipping costs.

I agree. Also being a non runner can as much as double shipping costs.

Chris , while I agree in the premise, if I were to be out West and had to have this I wouldn't hesitate on trailering it home . I was willing to do that with the car Wyatt eventually bought and recently I had my eyes on a Ramcharger in Oregon I almost needed. Towing it home isnt the problem if you are in the area.

Chris , while I agree in the premise, if I were to be out West and had to have this I wouldn't hesitate on trailering it home . I was willing to do that with the car Wyatt eventually bought and recently I had my eyes on a Ramcharger in Oregon I almost needed. Towing it home isnt the problem if you are in the area.

I'm the same way Dave, I've traveled all over the Southwest dragging cars home. Of course I have the truck and trailer to do it plus the time. For people who don't hiring a shipper is the only option. This car being a non runner and in the PNW will be an expensive haul. Does this car have that "Wow I've got to have it factor". I'm not seeing it. Now if it was local that would be a different story.

Point taken .... The Monaco wagon that I made the deal on last year that the lady sold to someone else was in Oregon . I planned on having it shipped to Idaho , then picked up by me this summer and trailering it home.

You are correct, someone will have to be within a days travel to make this work

For Sale - 1968 Imperial Hardtop roller - $1,200

FYI .. for recent experience, it cost me $1200 to get this from Western Washington State to Buffalo. other than a truck or a limo, among the biggest, longest, heaviest "rollers" one can have.

had to crash three companies into one another to find that price where me and transporter felt like the deal could done.

00-1-3-00-jpg.jpg

For Sale - 1968 Imperial Hardtop roller - $1,200

FYI .. for recent experience, it cost me $1200 to get this from Western Washington State to Buffalo. other than a truck or a limo, among the biggest, longest, heaviest "rollers" one can have.

had to crash three companies into one another to find that price where me and transporter felt like the deal could done.

View attachment 184903

For curiosity sake, what was the name of the company you used to transport the vehicle? Finding a good company to ship a roller or not runner car is hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back