SOLD 1970 Dodge Monaco 4 dood hardtop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breaker1

Reaction score
Contact seller
For sale, 1970 Dodge Monaco Brougham 4 door hardtop. Originally a 440 car, now a 383, 727 auto, absolutely loaded. At present, car runs off a gas can, brakes need some attention.
Car is located in East Tennessee 37312
$3500.
IMG_20211222_171524390_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211222_171809511_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211222_171542889_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211222_171613152_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211222_171559904_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211222_171635155_MP.jpg

IMG_20211222_171709485.jpg

GLWTS of DH43T0D182130

IMG_9640.jpeg

I just realized that the fender tag picture is upside down. I have no idea how that happened. Thanks for fixing that ayilar.

people will want to see pics of the interior too - headliner, dash pad, seats, door panels etc

I do have a period correct 440 to go with the Monaco, but it will raise the price a bit.

IMG_20230723_090911370_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230723_091059804.jpg

Respondants: ATTENTION - FCBO Marketplace Rules
  1. You may NOT post commentary in this forum.
  2. You MAY post relevant questions about the item being sold.
  3. Do not negotiate price in the ad. Do this by PM.
  4. No flaming of sellers or their products.
I believe this question is allowable. I have been in trouble a couple times. :)

The engine looks like it has six pack features. Clearly the intake is, otherwise i think all '70 440's had same block casting with various, different internal part specs for six packs.

If possible, can you clarify IF this is your understanding, and provide any further informatiion on this engine (eg. specifications of the internals, rebuilt and if so, when? etc). Need not be exhaustive .. just the basics;

Thank you.

I understand, I've been advised once myself, trying to be careful to not break the rules.
Yes. This is/was a standard 440 out of a 1970 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron. I had this built by the one and only, Mr.4 speed- Herb McCandless, many years ago. I installed it in a PowerWagon that I restored at the time. Life took a turn (marriage, house, kids, more kids). During that time I pulled the engine and put back back in the crate, it was never even fired. I put the truck back together with the original drivetrain with plans to sell it. Then life sent another series of curveballs. Anyway, I could go on and on.
Bottom line is this: this engine spent many years in the crate, being turned over every once in a great while to keep the valve springs fresh, and to this day, has never been fired.
Here are the specs:
1970 440
Heads: cast iron, valve 2.02/1.81
Crank: forged
Rods: stock 440, balanced
Pistons: Kieth Black
Cam: Mopar Performance 509/292
Intake: original A12 package Six Pack
** Heads and intake are ported & polished to match.

NOTE: Now that my brain has kicked in, I should have started a new "for sale" thread for this motor. Otherwise, things could get confusing.

If any administrator feels that this is not within the boundaries of the rules (as I am beginning to think) please remove this portion from the Monaco listing, and I will post according to the guidelines of the is site. And please accept my apologies for my rookie actions.

I understand, I've been advised once myself, trying to be careful to not break the rules.
Yes. This is/was a standard 440 out of a 1970 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron. I had this built by the one and only, Mr.4 speed- Herb McCandless, many years ago. I installed it in a PowerWagon that I restored at the time. Life took a turn (marriage, house, kids, more kids). During that time I pulled the engine and put back back in the crate, it was never even fired. I put the truck back together with the original drivetrain with plans to sell it. Then life sent another series of curveballs. Anyway, I could go on and on.
Bottom line is this: this engine spent many years in the crate, being turned over every once in a great while to keep the valve springs fresh, and to this day, has never been fired.
Here are the specs:
1970 440
Heads: cast iron, valve 2.02/1.81
Crank: forged
Rods: stock 440, balanced
Pistons: Kieth Black
Cam: Mopar Performance 509/292
Intake: original A12 package Six Pack
** Heads and intake are ported & polished to match.

NOTE: Now that my brain has kicked in, I should have started a new "for sale" thread for this motor. Otherwise, things could get confusing.

If any administrator feels that this is not within the boundaries of the rules (as I am beginning to think) please remove this portion from the Monaco listing, and I will post according to the guidelines of the is site. And please accept my apologies for my rookie actions.
thanks for taking the time for a thorough reply.

I'll send you a PM with some private commentary.

Have a good day.

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back