SOLD 1970 Dodge Monaco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you CBODY67. Happy Holidays to you! The medallion is made of metal & the entire thing is engraved with scrolls. It appears to y factory. I will try to get a close up of it.

I was curious about the medallion as all 4 of my trim panels look like your other three. Possibly something the prior owner added?

Thanks,
CBODY67

It could be. I examined the pic I posted earlier and I see that it's not even close to the center of the panel it's on. It'd be nice to know the story behind it. I'll try to get better pic tomorrow.

Point taken. I planned on picking up a plastic sleeve when I go to town tomorrow. I figured I'd leave it there until I had a safe place to put it.

Engine looks more like 383 than 440. I think your back story is correct. I have a 1971 Fury that lost it's original 440 before 1978, so I understand about hard to find the original motor.
I doubt the radiator support was changed, but a pic of the VIN would prove that.
Good luck with your sale. New home, family, and no space make a resto a hard bargain. I was in the same position around 2002 when I had to unload my 1969 Charger. No regrets. More important things on the financial agenda.
img_20211223_121759276_hdr-jpg.jpg

Thanks 1970FuryConv. I too will be unloading my '69 Charger, along with my Power Wagon & many parts when I get them all home. That's all in storage & making storage payments for a full year already sort of stings. Selling the Monaco will make room to bring one at a time home and adopt them out. I'll check the core support vin today.

Upon closer examination. The medallion on the driver's side rear door panel is definitely not factory. And it seems to have a fastener of some sort on the back side, meaning someone went through the trouble of removing the door panel to install it. Why, not sure. It has flowers & scrolls on it. Maybe the previous owner found this way to add flowers since a "mod top" wasn't an option.

IMG_20211226_130652702.jpg

IMG_20211226_130718121.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back