NOT MINE 1970 dodge polara 440 4dr sdn $20K

69monaco

Reaction score
1970 Dodge Polara - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale

1657916772579.png

Looks like a fun car. Burn out machine
That is about all it is good for. The 4.11 makes it worthless for freeway cruising. Have a friend who inherited a 68 Cougar GT-E with the 427. PO put on triple carb and a 4.11 rear. I've been in the car and at 65 the rpm is way up and the noise. I couldn't drive that car 100 miles for a cruise.

Yep that is my old girl.Unless he has changed some stuff he doesn't even know what he has.Gears listed are wrong as is motor size.

Still listed by Butler Automotive Sales in Madison, VA for $15.5k. Price unchanged since April 2023:

1970 Dodge Polara Built 496, Auto, 3:73 Possi Rear, Line Lock,...

"Built 496 stroker with large purple cam, hard hitting sound. TCI Street Fighter auto trans with 2800 stall, 11 inch. 3:73 Possi built rear with drive shaft loop, line lock, etc the list goes on. A real street sleeper you hear about every so often. North Carolina car no rust. Shiny silver paint on straight body. Clean interior looks good. Bucket seats with fold down arm rest. Looks runs & drives real nice. Fast & Loud. $15500. (...) Butler Automotive Sales, Madison, Va. "

@496 polara -- would you have a picture of the DL41L0F254178 (if the listing cars.com was correct -- they had it listed as PL41L0F254178) fender tag by any chance? It is hard to discern in the ad:

1691051219225.png

Last edited:
Unfortunately I do not have a pic of the fender tag or the Vin number.
I have been in touch with the current owner so he could correct some inaccuracies in his ad. I considered buying it back however we were too far apart on $$$.

I still have the original am radio,front bench seat,and a pair of really nice green sunvisors for the car.I may still have a set of original hubcaps as I had two sets. Have some miscellaneous side marker lights and bezels too. Been slowly cleaning up and keep finding stuff.

Someone swapped the small Hughes solid cam I had in there for a mopar performance .590 solid cam. Not the right cam for that setup but I bet it idles quite nasty. So many parts on that car I wish I had back.

Back