1970 dual exhaust routing - images?

A good muffler shop would just be guessing. That is why they are called custom duals.

I will try to upload a pic of my exhaust from my '70 300. I had Waldron's Exhaust duplicate a set of NOS dual exhaust tailpipes for my car and they look very correct. They should be able to make more sets.

I have. Best compromise in sound I've ever had in a muffler.
Note: I asked Accurate who made it for them and he said I was being too nosey. LMAO.
Haha.

I checked some videos out online (sadly none for C-bodies) but they all seem to have a nice rumble to them, which is what I want. The glass packs on it right now are way too loud. My neighbors, I'm sure, are not happy....

So FYI for you all. Just got off the phone with Accurate Exhaust. They are no longer carrying any C-body products. I ended up going with some Hemi car (shorter) mufflers based on how I wanted it to sound so it didn't matter, but he said he wasn't even sure he could get any C-body mufflers anymore. He's special bending me up some tail pipes to spec, but sounds like the C-body game wasn't worth it for them.

Here is a picture from my 300. I had Waldron's duplicate a set of NOS factory dual exhaust tailpipes that I've had since the 80's. These should be correct for any 1970 'C' body with either a 383 or 440 with factory dual exhaust.

DSC07469.JPG

So FYI for you all. Just got off the phone with Accurate Exhaust. They are no longer carrying any C-body products. I ended up going with some Hemi car (shorter) mufflers based on how I wanted it to sound so it didn't matter, but he said he wasn't even sure he could get any C-body mufflers anymore. He's special bending me up some tail pipes to spec, but sounds like the C-body game wasn't worth it for them.

Someone was on here and said they were pulling out of the C body business. As I recall the Boss at Accurate also had defended himself as to why......

'Tis true. Said they don't do enough C-body business to justify it.

Well maybe they should have announced it more. When we get questioned around here the first and only answer is TTI . Why is that? Because of lack of information out there. Their loss

Well maybe they should have announced it more. When we get questioned around here the first and only answer is TTI . Why is that? Because of lack of information out there. Their loss
At a minimum they need to update their website. Everything is still on there to order.

Here are mine going up and over the rear axle. Most all know what the tips look like so no need to put that pic up. First pic is an original pipe in the original hanger. Next two pictures are the new pipes with alternate hangers following the same route.
Polara_Ex_002.JPG
Polara_Ex_011.JPG
Polara_Ex_012.JPG

We went through it with the guy from Accurate. For someone that doesn't want our business, he was very defensive about his decision. So much that it showed a lot of doubt on his part that he made the right call.

Using factory bent pipes and NOS clamps is obviously ideal but in most cases not realistic. Looking at the 3rd picture above it appears that the new hanger has a good bolt on attachment point to the body. Swinging down the arm then welding allows for very precise location of the exhaust pipe. Positioning pipes for both factory appearance and to avoid interference is a bit of an art form. Then there is also the problem of finding someone with the skill to do it properly. I really liked the TTI system for ease of installation although it doesn't appear close to factory underneath. IMHO the NOS or custom route are likely not worth it for most applications.

If possible, make a Supreme effort to locate correct factory pipe hangers and saddle hangers in their correct mounting locations. They ARE out there. Really....

Back