1970 Fury GT found in Amarillo, TX.

Did it come with any original dealer info, any dealer stickers on the car or in the glovebox?

Most likely sold at Hedgecoke Motor Company. Been out of business for years. My 68 GTS came from Hedgecoke. There's a local there that's very knowledgeable on the cars that ran around Amarillo. I got a lot of information on my car through him. PM me and I'll give you his info.

What route are you taking back to Cali?

Last edited:
Im all of those .........

On some rare occasions, even I have a firm grasp of the obvious!

But if you can stand to come inside the state for a little while, we will have a good time! I can always get along with nearly anybody! :welcome:

Doesn't Legendary refurb door panels and the dash pad for Fusies?

The door panels are refurbished by SMS out of Oregon (I have a set on order with them, and so does my friend Bob Baker of abcmoparts.com). So it would be a good time for Eric S to send his into them for reproduction too so they can do all three sets at once. Bob Baker reproduces the dashpads. SMS also has the vinyls/fabrics for the seats. I would probably add a set of buckets to that car and keep the bench for the next owner if they want it.

Did it come with any original dealer info, any dealer stickers on the car or in the glovebox?

Most likely sold at Hedgecoke Motor Company. Been out of business for years. My 68 GTS came from Hedgecoke. There's a local there that's very knowledgeable on the cars that ran around Amarillo. I got a lot of information on my car through him. PM me and I'll give you his info.

What route are you taking back to Cali?

I'm taking the 40 pretty much the whole way. I'll take a look for dealer stickers around the car when there is daylight out again. I don't notice anything yet beside a sticker in the rear side passenger window that is pretty much completely gone and unreadable. Driving in the dark right now.

A spare centre tower! Those are like hens teeth. Nice to see you are not wasting any time getting it on the road.
It's not really a spare. Two are off the wheels on the car right now. Hope to find the fourth one when I get home and clean out the trunk.

Congratulations on the SFGT, Eric. Wishing you a safe trip back to SoCal. It sure will be a trip to remember and for us it's a pleasure to follow you online. Please keep us posted and take more pictures of your adventure!

I just finished a 1400 miles trip through Europe in my 1969 New Yorker and are a bit envious now... ;-)

Blew out a second tire in the middle of the night near Holbrook, AZ. It had some dry rot, so I had a feeling it'd probably go. Got it changed with an extra spare tire I had. Thank god I didn't have to use the original spare that's still in the trunk! Made a stop by the Wigwam Village Hotel since it was near by and I had always wanted to stay there. Unfortunately all rooms (Tipi) were full, so I just slept in the Fury. Don't want to have to do that again. The bench seat is big, but not big enough for a 6'3" guy to sleep on. My back is mad at me. Waiting for a tire shop to open, so I had some time to snap a few pictures before heading back out on the road again.
IMG_1031.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG

Yea, 6'3" would be tuff. I'm 5'9" and would sleep in my 68 Monaco when I'd do long trips. It was a canadian non 500 car so it had Fury type seats .. most comfortable car sleep I ever had.

Love that shot of your Fury outside the Tipis. What a looker!

holy crap! I cant believe I missed this thread!!

Congrats on your new SFGT, Eric! Looking forward to seeing more of your adventure home.

Blew out a second tire in the middle of the night near Holbrook, AZ. It had some dry rot, so I had a feeling it'd probably go. Got it changed with an extra spare tire I had. Thank god I didn't have to use the original spare that's still in the trunk! Made a stop by the Wigwam Village Hotel since it was near by and I had always wanted to stay there. Unfortunately all rooms (Tipi) were full, so I just slept in the Fury. Don't want to have to do that again. The bench seat is big, but not big enough for a 6'3" guy to sleep on. My back is mad at me. Waiting for a tire shop to open, so I had some time to snap a few pictures before heading back out on the road again. View attachment 142002
View attachment 142003

Very cool picture!

holy crap! I cant believe I missed this thread!!

Congrats on your new SFGT, Eric! Looking forward to seeing more of your adventure home.

Oh crap! Is your new avatar the way you see yourself now!? Now I am beginning to understand you! :eek:

Folks, I need some advice. Right now the car has a 15 lb radiator cap on it. When I'm driving my temp gauge says I'm fine, but when I pull off the road for gas, the radiator is boiling over after I sit not running for a minute. Should I be super worried? I just keep topping it off with water every time I get gas. I don't want to kill the engine. Help

Back