1970 Fury III Convertible 126115 miles: Intro & Planned 440/727 Swap

Right Side Quarter Panel
2021-03-26
Gary's progress:
· All the previously rusted out pieces replaced have been welded in now and sanded flush. I also knocked out the dents in the door and then I put a coat of Eastwood Epoxy primer over it all. Next will be to put a skin coat of body filler on the door and sand that back for a perfect finish as well as putting body filler back into the rear panels too. Once this side is done, then I will move over to the other side.
· Regards, Gary
his pics
92.jpg

93.jpg

94.jpg

95.jpg

96.jpg

99.jpg

991.jpg

992.jpg

There is hope

Right Side Door Dents
Door 1.jpg

Door 2.jpg

Door 3.jpg

(if you've got any positive vibes to send, send some that's Gary's schedule allows him to do the 1971 GT next. A lot more work, I admit, but that car desperately needs him.)

Slowly, but surely. My problem is that I'm suffering not from TMI, but from TMP Too Many Projects. Still, it's a nice illness to have.

hey quick question for you...hughes also recommended the 2024 cam to me...( i had figured on a milder one too)...just wondering how you felt about it ....i've got factory air with the old RV2 compressor and was hoping it would have a good idle....have you been using the car a lot or is it still in mid-bodywork stage?

hey quick question for you...hughes also recommended the 2024 cam to me...( i had figured on a milder one too)...just wondering how you felt about it ....i've got factory air with the old RV2 compressor and was hoping it would have a good idle....have you been using the car a lot or is it still in mid-bodywork stage?
The cam has worked great for me. Idle is fine. I don't have AC. I do not use the car a lot, but it performed fine on a 2-hour round trip drive.

68 sport fury convertible...440 auto...had 70% leakdown on #5 cylinder....pulled it apart and realized it had been rebuilt before and had 7 1/2 to one compression...so its 9-1 now...wanted something stronger than the .420 lift cam that was in it...HP manifolds, TTI exhaust...hope it fits my year better than it fit yours

@70FuryConv - Yes Thank you. Did you do a conversion to yours
Yes. Normally the Fury III did not come with hidden headlight grill.

For the electrical side of the install, I used an original Chrysler hidden headlight relay, which screws to the dash shell at the bottom to the left of the steering column.

I used the time delay wire from the headlight switch as the activating wire for the relay.

I used ignition-on power that I ran from an auxiliary fuse box, powered from the ignition-on post at the bottom of the original fuse box.

I also used the 2 original wires going from the relay through a grommet in the firewall, over the left side wheel well, through the radiator core support panel, and out to the grill motor.

Do you have a factory shop manual for your car? If not, you can go to Service Manuals – MyMopar
and download one for free. The wiring diagrams will let you know what size wires to use. I could not have made the conversion without the wiring diagrams in the factory shop manual. Let me know if you need anything else. Glad to help. Ben

Also if you want to upload a picture of your Fury to this thread, it would be great to see it.

Hidden headlight relay
HL Relay & Circuit Brkr.jpg

Thank you so much for the info. The wiring is the easy part for me. Your pics were very helpful and I really appreciate the info!

Thank you so much for the info. The wiring is the easy part for me. Your pics were very helpful and I really appreciate the info!
You're welcome! Awesome looking Fury.
Mine just got road wheels that I did a DIY resto on.
440 still runs great. Lots of power!
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Back