For Sale 1970 Newport Coupe (AB, Canada)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
Contact seller
Not much information. But it has at least tinted glass, vinyl top and cornering lights. I assume the color is F9.

1970 Chrysler Newport 2 door | Classic Cars | Red Deer | Kijiji

1.jpg

Hmm turning lights on Newport. Weird looking rear bumper, is that some special Custom etc.

It is a 71 Newport.
But it has -70 round driver side mirror and -71 is rectangular??? And tail lights dont have vertical bars on them like on -71 custom tail lights...
Here is another "Newport" with that weird rear bumber. But i think this is -71?
30424904_10211924781410223_1813050720244212646_o.jpg

Don't know what year that is; have to see the grill. But, looking at that picture and looking at my car, where this car has a Newport script on the trunk, and mine doesn't, I'd say they are different years. The sides look the same, except for the round mirror as has been pointed out, and the lack of the side trim.
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG

Now that you say it... It looks indeed like a '71 grille. Sorry, I have not such a sharp eye yet.

Snotty, beautiful car. F8? And a great license plate. Would not be possible over here!

Now that you say it... It looks indeed like a '71 grille. Sorry, I have not such a sharp eye yet.

Snotty, beautiful car. F8? And a great license plate. Would not be possible over here!
Thanks. Original color is EA4, and if I can ever afford to paint it it will be again! I posted the fender tag; you can see the silver sneaking out.

You can't have personalized plates in Germany?

P1010006.JPG

Very nice original color combination. Silver with white interior is not seen often. Nicely optioned, too!

Well, we can personalize two letters and two or three numbers... It is not compareable to fully personalized plates. There was a debate to allow full personalizing but the debate did not bear fruits...

But it has -70 round driver side mirror and -71 is rectangular??? And tail lights dont have vertical bars on them like on -71 custom tail lights...
Here is another "Newport" with that weird rear bumber. But i think this is -71?
View attachment 182757

I don’t see anything weird about those tail lights or the rear bumper. Ordinary ’71 Newport stuff:
940F393F-4831-4CB7-B2C6-61706386CF2B.jpeg

As to the round mirrors; perhaps it is because the car rolled off the assembly line among the very first ones, and there happened to be previous year mirrors left in the parts bin.

Very nice original color combination. Silver with white interior is not seen often. Nicely optioned, too!

Well, we can personalize two letters and two or three numbers... It is not compareable to fully personalized plates. There was a debate to allow full personalizing but the debate did not bear fruits...
Did you notice the color of the original top? It was black. If I do ever paint it, it will NOT return to a black top. Silver and Black???? Those are Raiders colors - no way in Hell would I ever drive such a car!!! The top shall stay white! Ha!

Haha, I did not know the Raiders yet but my Cadillac comes from Oakland. It was ordered with a black top. I prefer white, too, but I went with the original colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back