NOT MINE 1970 Newport surprise

polaratherapy

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
$6000 Canadian Special, moose catcher! OMG!
https://www
-85e5-47a6-8b01-4687934c19f6?rule=kijijica-200-jpg.jpg
.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/trenton-on/1972-chrysler-newport-4x4/1651539801

There was an early 70's Chevy wagon done like that on a lifted 4x4 chassis that I would see go by my house. This high school kid in town had bought it and I said something like "he's gonna kill himself in that" when I first saw him in it.

A week or so later, my prediction unfortunately came true and he died when he rolled it. He was thrown out and the car landed on top of him.

Please, Mr. John, don't make any predictions my way. Unless they are to find a pot of gold. Thank you..

to me nothing looks stupider than a C body with a deck lid spoiler, esp 1 that is not even as wide as the trunk lid

( except for the 70 300 Hurst which looks awesome)

Well there are some things I really like about this one. Not the Ford motor. But it appears he put the front axle on the factory stub frame. Rather than throw the car on a truck frame. So no frame sticking out when viewed from the side. I couldn't do it to a two door.
But a 4 door sedan. He'll yea. Just because you live in the mountains does not mean you can't ride in high style. Just add 383 or 400

Ha just noticed the boss 302 decal. Nothing moves a 4 wheel drive down the road like 300 inches of romping stomping small block ford.

Ha just noticed the boss 302 decal. Nothing moves a 4 wheel drive down the road like 300 inches of romping stomping small block ford.
This car is meant to sneak up on a moose, nice and slow all the way to the end of the logging road.
If it had a winch on the front then I would be really impressed!

One can only speculate as to what someone was thinking or smoking when the decision was made to create such a beast.
" well you've got this and I've got that and we should just slap them together just to see what we get "
Not sure if there is actually a market for such a beast, maybe there is a sub-culture for such creations that I am not aware of !
I started this thread with an OMG! not what you think but more a " Offroad Motoring Godzilla !
We just have to accept that these things happen to cars.

Anyone recognize these seats? They look to fit quite nicely in there.
I was thinking Lincoln Towncar, but I haven't matched the pattern to any Google pics yet, and the handle on the side of the driver seat makes me think they came from a 2-door car?

-c711-493a-ab1e-f5c0920b29bd?rule=kijijica-640-jpg.jpg

-1326-4f21-babc-02b1b0fc5459?rule=kijijica-640-jpg.jpg

Back