1970 Plymouth Fury 3 383

Aren't you the United States II anyway ?:poke:

Relax Bill, then if you know how we feel then you should understand. It's all North American History, you're talking outta both sides as I see it.

Aren't you the United States II anyway ?:poke:

Relax Bill, then if you know how we feel then you should understand. It's all North American History, you're talking outta both sides as I see it.

Sorry Canada is not USA II, in fact Canada is geographically larger than the US so maybe the US is really Canada II.

Your comment does sound familiar though, we hear it a lot from visiting Americans. Fortunately we Canadians are polite and smile a lot while we take their money. Pretty sure the rest of the world's countries do much the same.

What's all this "all North American History" about? My Fury was built in the US so it's part of American history and if I chose to sell it so what, it's just a freaking car. The car was built and delivered to Canada, so if I sell it to someone in Europe, how does than affect NA history or Canadian history. Why would you even care, you killed the brand and in a few years few Americans will even know the Plymouth used to be American. If they want to see one they'll need to visit Canada or Europe.

Face it, "Money talks" and American is pretty quiet these days.

Ignorance is bliss comes to mind ...

My caring is the attitude that made the country great. The so what attitude is what got us in the toilet. Give it away, so what, be nice, who cares, what's it gonna hurt.......All these phrases will bite you in the ***.

AND I'm not sure where all this talk of no money comes from. Plenty of money changing hands all day long all week long by thousands of Americans buying old cars but expensive ones.
Not the $10,000 cars the Europeans are buying.

All these phrases will bite you in the ***.

I understand that you care, but unfortunately I believe you might have waited too long to object. Twenty five years ago my son went on a year long walk-about and he took with him a bag full of Canadian Flag pins and a whole pile of Canadian back pack flags. He sold them all and financed much of his trip from the proceeds. His customers, Americans who were tired of the flack and wanted to disguise themselves as Canadian. That was 25 years ago, today its much worse.

Of course, America understands and elected Trump to restore America's position in the world.

How's that working for you?

I understand that you care, but unfortunately I believe you might have waited too long to object. Twenty five years ago my son went on a year long walk-about and he took with him a bag full of Canadian Flag pins and a whole pile of Canadian back pack flags. He sold them all and financed much of his trip from the proceeds. His customers, Americans who were tired of the flack and wanted to disguise themselves as Canadian. That was 25 years ago, today its much worse.

Of course, America understands and elected Trump to restore America's position in the world.

How's that working for you?

So are you suggesting we should all just give up and not care? I'm sure that **** you have running the show up there pisses you off on a daily basis.

king Trump, now there's a thought. Our PM is not a ****, even they won't vote for him. He's just a lost school drama teacher who took the wrong bus. On the bright side he's legalized pot and everyone and his brother are busy trying to get rich selling pot.

You think Canadians are mellow now, just wait until next year!!

Bet we see a lot of American tourists in 2019!!

Come on up, have a toke, buy a car or two!
:rofl:

Im happy enough here. More than enough for me to see and do here although I just may take a trip to Moparfest next August. Can't buy a car, Tobias sells only to Europe.

There is already pot legal areas here. It won't be long till it's all over.

Im happy enough here. More than enough for me to see and do here although I just may take a trip to Moparfest next August. Can't buy a car, Tobias sells only to Europe.

There is already pot legal areas here. It won't be long till it's all over.
No my Lime green Imperial went to the USA and my white 70 300 Ragtop went to California I sold a fair amount back to the USA also B and E Bodys

No my Lime green Imperial went to the USA and my white 70 300 Ragtop went to California I sold a fair amount back to the USA also B and E Bodys

the white 70 300 vert you sold to California went to a dealer and of course it is now overhere.
When I picked up a car in Lelystad/Holland a couple of weeks ago I saw it sitting in the same building.

Carsten

AND I'm not sure where all this talk of no money comes from. Plenty of money changing hands all day long all week long by thousands of Americans buying old cars but expensive ones.
Not the $10,000 cars the Europeans are buying.

Dave you clearly summarize it yourself.
Lots of expensive classic cars change hands inside the US all the time.
But to buy a 10k $ C-body it takes a European.
It shows that many US Americans simply don't have the desire for them.
They value and appreciate them less than people overhere.

So don't blame Europeans for buying C-bodies while most US Americans don't want them.

Carsten

Discretionary dollars, most Americans don't have that many of them.

I only hope that you don`t track me down and come to knock on my door with a shotgun...

When I picked up a car in Lelystad/Holland a couple of weeks ago I saw it sitting in the same building.

Carsten

Your last car was a brown!!!!! vert... :D
Sooo what car did you pick up now?? Something FK3/5 ORANGE?? :rolleyes:

Dave you clearly summarize it yourself.
Lots of expensive classic cars change hands inside the US all the time.
But to buy a 10k $ C-body it takes a European.
It shows that many US Americans simply don't have the desire for them.
They value and appreciate them less than people overhere.

So don't blame Europeans for buying C-bodies while most US Americans don't want them.

Carsten

Such a misconception

the white 70 300 vert you sold to California went to a dealer and of course it is now overhere.

Carsten

And all of them - Tobias, CA dealer and Dutch buyer benefited from this. It's called capitalism. And don't ask me about communism - I am living next to Russia and seen that era. Never look back.

Such a misconception

just the plain truth

If they were E-bodys they would sell for a lot of money inside the US.
But they aren't.

And most people beside enthusiasts like here on FCBO don't want to buy them or are willing to spent real money for them.

If a lot of US Americans which have enough money would want to own c-bodies: Europeans would have a hard time buying them due to a lot of competiton and high rising prices.

But in reality European dealer and US flippers fight about them if they are in decent condition.
The warehouse in Leylstad (Holland) was full with C-bodies and other old Full size cars

Carsten

Back