1970 Plymouth Fury Dash Pad

Mr onetwo

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just talked to Bob at ABCMoparts yesterday and he has a core for my convertible.If anyone is needing a dash pad, it sounded like he has more cores and he will have mine in about 6 weeks.Considering what you get, his price is more than reasonable...but it still hurts!My question concerns the wood grain insert on the passenger side.There was reference to a member (Fury Pursuit) here that reproduced that material back in 2020, but I cannot start a PM with him to see if he still has any material. Are there any other alternatives to the original 3M stuff and has anyone refurbished that piece of trim?

dash.JPG

I wonder if he's using one I sold him 2 year's ago. I believe I sold him 6 70 71 Fury and 2 69 cores.

@Mr onetwo you talked to Bob? In case you gonna talk to hin again soon, may you ask him about the rear window surrounds for 70/71 PH23 Furys/Sport Furys? Is he going to continue with the repop? They are out of stock long time.....

He doesn´t reply to my mails.....

Thank you in advance

Give him a call...he picks right up.
  • (928) 692-7689

• Mon - Fri: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM

I hope it works for you.They would not tell me who makes it for them and didn't even know what an MSDS sheet is:rolleyes:

I have reproduced the material from NOS material and a professional photographer retouch and design a correct "file" for the material. Unfortunately to reproduce the amount needed for only one insert is cost prohibitive for most people. So only ordering one... costs a lot. Most folks just want a wood grain material that's close enough, which you can source fairly easily, but it won't be 100 correct.

If you are needing concourse material, I can support you. But it's frankly not cheap. Sorry but that's the nature, of reproducing decals..it's a square footage equation, which is costly.

If you want to pursue this...let me know and I'll make it.

Kind regards and best!

Fury Pursuit...what is the quantity necessary for it not to be cost prohibitive? PM me with a cost to do 1 if you wish....thanks

Looking at your interior, that appears to be the only faux wood panel. I think it would look best without it, but that's just my opinion. Do you know how it's held on? If it's just two way tape it could be added anytime. I have a feeling there maybe a couple of holes for studs.

My '71 Monaco had the same trim which I always found rather extraneous looking. But it matched the faded door panels so I left it alone. I find my '71 Polara without the trim much more pleasing to the eye.

The base trim Polaras had a better looking interior in my opinion, without all the faux wood enhancements.

As I understand 1970 Sport Furies, early production did not get the wood grain insert. I'm not sure if it's a plant production issue or studio design change or parts availability.

More research needs to be done on this. Maybe experts like Billy Fury or FuryGT or Charles M, et.al. comment.

The moulding is held by two pins and 3M PSA tape

Last edited:
Yes, but Billy Fury needs a VIN, make & model and SPD, or it would be helpful.

Should I ask them to not put that indent in the foam of the dash or just get rid of the woodgrain trim doodad? Now that I think of it...what is the proper way to transfer the VIN tag from the original dash to the new one?

Back