For Sale 1970 Plymouth Fury III Police Pursuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
That 71 is exactly what I want , the way it sits ......Id sell my soul for one of this caliber

Yep, it was the nicest one by far that I had seen out of a handful of them. The quarters were like new inside and out, white floor paint still looked new when I replaced the dirty carpeting. Tucked away in a garage for 15 years helped. I am an idiot for selling, had to buy house.

You can live in a car you can't drive a house....
I couldn't have let that one go

white floor paint still looked new when I replaced the dirty carpeting

Which Fusie Police Cars had carpeting and which had rubber mats or was that not a thing by this time? IIR my Dad's Dippys or at least one had rubber mats I think and it seems I recall someone posting pics of installing some nice original rubber mats they found in a Fusie cop car

Last edited:
If only it had these to match the interior I'd buy it.
MotoGP_Grid_Girls_Laguna_Seca_15.jpg

Was that the uniform of the day?

I now want a black police package 4 door 4 speed 440 car

16_4speed_4door_4-jpg.81777

To bad there's only one and I'll never have it

That 71 is exactly what I want , the way it sits ......Id sell my soul for one of this caliber

since there aint many around it seems, that's why i inquired as to its whereabouts today ... just lookin' out for ya brother :)

I now want a black police package 4 door 4 speed 440 car

16_4speed_4door_4-jpg.81777

To bad there's only one and I'll never have it

i was just about to say that i have NEVER seen one. that build sheet is for one? do you have pics/info on it?

i have seen a couple "three on the tree" cop 440's from 1966 .. can you imagine managing that beast in a pursuit? :)

Last edited:
Which Fusie Police Cars had carpeting and which had rubber mats or was that not a thing by this time? IIR my Dad's Dippys or at least one had rubber mats I think and it seems I recall someone posting pics of installing some nice original rubber mats they found in a Fusie cop car

most police cars were "spartan". low trim level, few options, rubber floors.

when the mfgs. started offering uplevel trims with an otherwise police-spec set of mechanicals, we started to see more bling offered in every cop car class including the pursuit rigs (around 1968(?), though it varied by mfgr., AMC was as early as 1965 for example)

the chiefs/captains/supervisors, in some departments, got carpet, power seats, deluxe wheel covers, etc. along with a thumpin' Super Commando/Magnum, big a** brakes, HD-cop spec everything.

fleet owners like WSP really took care of the everyday trooper too with the uplevel trim packages they specified. by the 1980's power windows and other amenities unheard of 20 years earlier were common in police cars and still are today.

so for the Fusies, depends on departmental practice. There is a thread floating around here from 2014 where we thrashed this topic about quite thoroughly and informatively .. lots of good member participation and I learned a LOT:)

Last edited:

when the mfgs. started offering uplevel trims with an otherwise police-spec set of mechanicals, we started to see more bling offered in every cop car class including the pursuit rigs (around 1968(?), though it varied by mfgr., AMC was as early as 1965 for example)

the chiefs/captains/supervisors, in some departments, got carpet, power seats, deluxe wheel covers, etc. along with a thumpin' Super Commando/Magnum, big a** brakes, HD-cop spec everything.

fleet owners like WSP really took care of the everyday trooper too with the uplevel trim packages they specified. by the 1980's power windows and other amenities unheard of 20 years earlier were common in police cars and still are today.

so for the Fusies, depends on departmental practice. There is a thread floating around here from 2014 where we thrashed this topic about quite thoroughly and informatively .. lots of good member participation and I learned a LOT:)
I would gladly live in the Polara now after buying the house lol. Yes, the WSP's were Fury lll and Polara Customs.. deluxe interiors, power seat, rear defrost, power trunks etc. in everyone I have seen.. even full wheel covers. I have two photos of the Polara, lost all after computer crash. Shortly after this was taken, I replaced rear bumper, lower valance with nice pieces from another '71 WSP I picked up off an Indian reservation outside of Spokane. Resprayed tail light bezel too. Recovered seats with NOS material, new carpet, rest of interior was really nice.. car looked great, nice patina. If I had kept it, I would have left it as is. I will spend 30k getting the car back, have started saving lol.
IMG_20160608_072921310.jpg

I would have left it as is as well...damn it.

How come these western cop cars are all over? Not much survived from the east

I would have left it as is as well...damn it.

How come these western cop cars are all over? Not much survived from the east
I like to say the NW cars rust from the top down compared to the bottom up for the east, no salt here. The undercarriages usually are pretty clean unless they have been sitting in the grass, rains like crazy in the winter.

I keep telling myself that there has to be one tucked away here somewhere

i was just about to say that i have NEVER seen one. that build sheet is for one? do you have pics/info on it?

i have seen a couple "three on the tree" cop 440's from 1966 .. can you imagine managing that beast in a pursuit? :)

that's from Coronet's post of the black 4 speed cop package car in his thread

I'm sure I read it as I read every discussion I see on the cop cars but may have missed it. Just don't remember all the specifics of all make/model/years

I'm sure I read it as I read every discussion I see on the cop cars but may have missed it. Just don't remember all the specifics of all make/model/years

you see many more threads than i do ... i am sorry though i cannot pinpoint where this discussion was. could have even been inside a thread NOT started with a cop car and we just found ourselves there - you know how that goes im sure. :)

the discussion started around were there really E86 "C" body police cars with power seats, and full carpet, etc... that argument got "settled" cuz several of us have/had/produced documentation and photos that prove such cars existed and are still around (the Fusie WSP cars for example as well as other departments)..

oh, but there was more "debate" to come: a sampling below.

which C's and what years could you get these uplevel ("M and H" price classes) trimmed cop cars? When did the "A38" Police Package option start, and on which cars? What does the "K" in the VIN mean, and if there was NO "K" in the VIN, - is that a real "police" car. And what is a "police car" anyway? Was there ever a Chrysler-branded C body police car? on and on we went for 70 or more posts.​

It was a free for all - in a good way -- for a while and I am not sure everybody left satisfied. But the discussion covered a lot of ground and lot of data go produced that plugged holes in my knowledge, and also confirmed what I was sure about.

maybe that helps you, maybe not ... i fear just what I wrote about might kindle the flames again :D. but i hope not, but rather with that prompting, maybe somebody can produce the one (maybe two) threads where we beat this topic to death.

Last edited:
I keep telling myself that there has to be one tucked away here somewhere

The original location is Delaware but I think he advertised it other locations so there maybe one "tucked away" near you.

Boy, as for a "fair" price I think again if "all as advertised" this is under by a few thousand. The '69 Polara will bring more but the '70 Fury is a close second. Remember about 6 years ago a '69 Polara CHP car on Ebay that sold for 32k if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back