NOT MINE 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury - $15,000 - Boiling Springs, S.C.

wonder if it was a color change. had cars like that before sometimes takes so much to get them right just better to pay upfront

How long have you been looking for a 70 Sport Fury? They're not up for sale all that often, and the ones I've seen are usually in terrible shape. So in terms of how much it's worth? It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it, which is based on how much they want it and availability.

I like gator grain. Whether it adds value is debatable.

How long have you been looking for a 70 Sport Fury? They're not up for sale all that often, and the ones I've seen are usually in terrible shape. So in terms of how much it's worth? It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it, which is based on how much they want it and availability.

I like gator grain. Whether it adds value is debatable.
not that long was looking for 300 or new yorker. was suppose to buy a 300 back in june from a board member but he is messing around and dont know what his problem is. another board member had one i wanted but would would not even answer me

not that long was looking for 300 or new yorker. was suppose to buy a 300 back in june from a board member but he is messing around and dont know what his problem is. another board member had one i wanted but would would not even answer me
Well, if you're not set on a 70 Sport Fury, and it appears there may be some things covered up on this car (no fender tag, so who knows what is original), might be better to pass on it.

Well, if you're not set on a 70 Sport Fury, and it appears there may be some things covered up on this car (no fender tag, so who knows what is original), might be better to pass on it.
i think your right. that's how i feel.

Maybe I am out of touch but I think the price is too high. It isn't a Sport Fury GT, has a 29 roofline, few options, painted underhood including firewall, flex hoses turn me off and makes me wonder about the rest of the car, no body code plate, 383-2 bbl, drum brakes, a cheap replacement radiator (but looks to be 26" at least when standard one was 22") and more things I could nit pick. But it has what looks like a nice paint job on the exterior, the seats are seemingly redone (and is the Brougham pattern) and maybe the dashpad is nice.

It seems like a weird car to me and I have to wonder what was really original on it. A build sheet would help.

How can one tell that this car has a cheap replacement radiator?

How can one tell that this car has a cheap replacement radiator?

The top tank isn't an original Chrysler one and most replacement radiators don't cool nearly as well as stock in order to come up with a low enough price to entice folks to buy them. Big mistake if you live in a warm climate since Chrysler never offered much margin in their cooling systems for really hot weather in the first place.

The top tank could've been replaced by any radiator shop, with a non-Chrysler part-numbered part. Doesn't make the radiator itself a non-Mopar part, necessarily.

The top tank could've been replaced by any radiator shop, with a non-Chrysler part-numbered part. Doesn't make the radiator itself a non-Mopar part, necessarily.

If the radiator top tank has rotted out, probably the core has too, only earlier. In most cases, I think most folks just go for new radiators that are not so expensive. I would estimate most folks don't want to bother finding a good radiator shop and having a recore done and using a new non-Chrysler top tank in the process because the cost gets too high very quickly. Just get a new one seems like the logical choice and most folks just assume they are as good as stock, and they just aren't unless you get one from Glen Ray and pay nearly $1000 for a reproduction. But that one will have a correct looking top tank in every way.

But as you indicate, you can never say never.............................

Thanks for the replies to my question on ID'ing cheap radiators on older Mopars. Really interesting.

Back