For Sale 1970 PLYMOUTH SPORT FURY PARKED MANY YEARS - $12000 (ASHEVILLE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
same here, I just don´t get it, but you find these stupid ads all across craigslist..

1968 Plymouth Road Runner 426 Hemi all original survivor untouched

look at this, he wants to sell a true hemi for 90k, but all he shows are some shady pictures, no fendertag
no paperwork no engine pics, nothing ... probably his wife told him to sell and he really doesn´t want to
I think the point of a CL ad is to get the general info out there to potential buyers. If someone is truly interested make a phoneCALL. With a 90K asking price (way out of my league) the purchase could take a lot of leg work.

I think the point of a CL ad is to get the general info out there to potential buyers. If someone is truly interested make a phoneCALL. With a 90K asking price (way out of my league) the purchase could take a lot of leg work.

sure you´re right but if I would have a car for sell I want to attract as many people to it as I could ..
As it was said here before, good deals ( for the buyer ) come from bad marketing .. So these don´t make
sense to me

From CL flag help forum "Overpriced specialty cars seem not to do so well on Craigslist anyway"

Overpriced specialty cars seem not to do so well on Craigslist anyway.cut.01.jpg

Don't waste your time just flag... remember Craigslist is meant to be your local mom & pop garage sale.

Knowing what I know now that I've had my car for going on 4 years a solid car has went up substantially in value to me. I'll have that much in my car and it probably will be close to as good as this car could possibly be. You guys have pushed be from a slab only guy to have an appeal towards these beauties. If I had the coin I'd be talking to this fella already.

was listed until the ad expired, now listed again... they took the chance to ad some more shitty pictures, but at
least they added the fendertag ... 12k is pretty ambitious for not running

new sellers text

Up for sale is a 1970 Plymouth sport fury 2 dr coupe. It has 83310 original miles. One owner Very minor rust.
This vehicle has been parked inside in dry storage since the 80's. Original 383ci 2v engine been converted to 4v in the 1970's.
We have the original 2v intake & carburetor.
Due to extended storage, this vehicle is listed as NOT RUNNING.
$12000.00.

new pictures

00M0M_a6gsB79aXy4_600x450.jpg

00202_fpMBs51XxFc_600x450.jpg

01111_bUeTjN7TZ2o_600x450.jpg

01010_I3jtnPDjNv_600x450.jpg

00s0s_CAhhll7UuL_600x450.jpg

PH29:
Plymouth Fury
High
2 Door Sports Hardtop

L0D: 383 290HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
Belvidere, IL, USA

243763: Sequence number

E61: 383 cid 2 barrel V8 290hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
FY4: Light Gold Poly Exterior Color
H6XA: Trim - High, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Charcoal/Black
TX9: Black Int. Door Frames
423: Build Date: April 23
284259: Order number

V1Y: Full Vinyl Top, Gold
A01: Light Package
B41: Front Disc Brakes w/Standard 10in RR Drum
C16: Console w/Woodgrain Panel
C55: Bucket Seats
G11: Tinted Glass (all)

H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
M25: Wide sill moldings
M31: Belt Moldings
M85: Front & Rear Bumper Guards
R22: AM Radio with 8 Track (10 Watts)

???: Unknown
V5X: Body Side Stripes, Black
Y05: Build to USA Specs
Y14: Sold Car
26: 26in Radiator

PH29:
Plymouth Fury
High
2 Door Sports Hardtop

L0D: 383 290HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
Belvidere, IL, USA

243763: Sequence number

E61: 383 cid 2 barrel V8 290hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
FY4: Light Gold Poly Exterior Color
H6XA: Trim - High, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Charcoal/Black
TX9: Black Int. Door Frames
423: Build Date: April 23
284259: Order number

V1Y: Full Vinyl Top, Gold
A01: Light Package
B41: Front Disc Brakes w/Standard 10in RR Drum
C16: Console w/Woodgrain Panel
C55: Bucket Seats
G11: Tinted Glass (all)

H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
M25: Wide sill moldings
M31: Belt Moldings
M85: Front & Rear Bumper Guards
R22: AM Radio with 8 Track (10 Watts)

???: Unknown
V5X: Body Side Stripes, Black
Y05: Build to USA Specs
Y14: Sold Car
26: 26in Radiator

I believe that unknown is “V01”. Mono-Toned Paint Treatmeant

6D309D8C-13C9-41F2-BBEF-07CDE1548B38.jpeg

It could be a great car, could even be a $10,000 car for all I know. Trouble is that there is no way to feel convinced from those photos and for that reason, not too many people would stab 10,000 into their wallets and head for Asheville NC just in case. 10,000 is a lot of money regardless of what the car *stated* to be.

If you can't or don't want to do the work to sell at a premium, you most definitely won't sell for a premium.

I don't see why 12 wouldn't be a good starting point. Sure it's the "29" roof. But other then that, its loaded up nicely. The all black interior with the woodgrain is gorgeous. Gets me excited to install mine.

I don't see why 12 wouldn't be a good starting point. Sure it's the "29" roof. But other then that, its loaded up nicely. The all black interior with the woodgrain is gorgeous. Gets me excited to install mine.

Absolutely worth a look. I prefer ads like this, it keeps the lazy competition away

00r0r_i0FxU5Rpae6_600x450.jpg

Lineup of trunklid to the quarter calls for an inspection. I'd still take a personal look if I were in the market and not at the other end of the Country.

Trying to sell some completely other car in immaculate condition for way less I can say it sometimes doesn't seem to make any difference how many and how good the pics are. One guy just asking what is your last Price without any base for discussion at the actual car, one guy showing up with one of his three supposedly mannerless Kids touching and grabbing all over a perfect 30 y.o. 15 k mile car. I decided to Keep it for now.

Last edited:
It´s now listed for 14... although at the bottom of the ad it´s still at 12 k

:bs_flag:

I'm still saying middleman ad.

If I was in the market I'd go up there and search the car out and deal with the owner directly... BARGAIN!

That calls for a guy like Polara Dave to pull it through, but I think at this Point he's rather in for a Station wagon with a big Trailer hitch for the horse carrier. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back