Status
Not open for further replies.

amazinblue82

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
SOLD - Leaving the C-Body Family :sad10:​

Folks, you live long enough, stuff happens.

A week ago, my 1971 U-Code, E86, New Yorker Coupe was totaled by someone who shouldn't have been driving (that's the nicest way I can say that). Fortunately, despite her negligence, she wasn't hurt and neither was anybody else...just the New Yorker got "offed"

A dang shame though..a New Yorker Coupe with a "TNT" mill was a rare old bird. So as C-body car, I wanted to try to give somebody here who needs/wants one --for a C-body civilian car or a cop car, or whatever, - a shot at it first...before the B/E body folks get a look at it. :icon_keel:

The New Yorker had 102,000 original miles but hadn't been running for several years. At a minimum it needs new gaskets and stuff, carb rebuild,, or for the right car for someone to just go through it and make it "new". We extracted powertrain today.

And by "matching" I mean this engine and transmission were installed in this car 44 years ago and have never been separated until today. "Correctness" means to me that there were other Chyrsler, Dodge, and Plymouth vehicles built with this type of engine in 1971 but this engine would not be "numbers matching" for any other car except the one it came out of.

All the "hard parts" are original. It's for sale in "full dress_..compressor, alternator, fan, air cleaner, power steering pump, alternator, fan, etc, and the radiator too (part number 3443947, 440 C-body with A/C). The 727 transmission "matches" the engine.

I have a few loose 440-HP mills laying around from 1968-1978 from my cop car collecting so I don't need another one. But, other than my avatar car, '67 CC, and '72 Monaco, this New Yorker was among the civilian C-Body's I planned to keep it.

I will be keeping the rear end (3.23 Sure Grip) and other (hard-to-find) parts for a while so none of that stuff is for sale now. Thanks in advance for not asking me about other stuff.

If interested, shoot me a PM and we can talk about it. It's not a cheap item, but I will do my best for an FCBO member. Powertrain goes on Ebay in a few days. It's located about 80 miles south of Buffalo NY, 30 miles east of Erie PA. Thanks.

IMG_6688.jpgIMG_6689.jpgIMG_6691.jpgIMG_6692.jpg

IMG_6688.jpg

IMG_6689.jpg

IMG_6691.jpg

IMG_6692.jpg

Last edited:
uff, sorry to hear.
Do you got any pics from the totaled car?

Carsten

uff, sorry to hear.
Do you got any pics from the totaled car?

Carsten

Hey Cartsen.

Yeah I do, but I didn't want them all over the Internet as "reminders" for the rest of my natural life.

It took a full on shot from rear by a Chevy Suburban, then got spun into a tree and caved in about 10 feet from rear bumper, on the passenger quarter panel, almost all the way to the door...its gone believe me.

Thanks for writing me.

Ray

I am sorry to hear that Ray.
Do you got any "before" pics of the NY?
I would like to know which car the community lost

Carsten

I am sorry to hear that Ray.
Do you got any "before" pics of the NY?
I would like to know which car the community lost

I got this car in the "film" era, so I have been waiting 15 years to restore it. I wrote several months back here in the Forum that I was gonna work on this car during the winter, along with the "67 Crown Coupe.

I will see what i can find and scan in any event and post.

Sorry to hear about your loss!!.............. Maybe find a donor car and rebuild it.......

may wind up doing that if i find another U-code '71 C-body civi car. more likely tho its best use is with someone who really needs correct "iron" to replace a harvested/lost powertrain. thx

there was a white no v-top 70 or 71 NY 2dr for sale up north with a gold interior. it is missing its drivetrain but looked really nice otherwise.

They might fit well together

Big bummer Ray, sorry to hear. I hope somebody on the board gets it.

Big bummer Ray, sorry to hear. I hope somebody on the board gets it.

thx brother.

i've lost a few over the years but this was first one that was minding its own business 20 yards from the road behind a fence.

girl driving ("allegedly") " lost control" but i think one of the chowderhead boys in the truck was really driving. girl was only one of the five kids not drinking. as p*ssed as i am about the car, I am still glad nobody got hurt...especially some "kids" being really stupid on the road.

ttyl man. thx again.

Last edited:
it was a 70 not a 71. Can't find the thread for it.
I do not remember for sure if it is a U-code or T-code

its cool..appreciate the heads up on it anyway. thanks.

if i still own it in a few weeks, i could always put it in my 71 Newport (the avatar car) in place of the "LA" 360..rear end too..since I have already lost the originality on that one. then take the 360 and use it in one of my J-bodies and that'll really perk one of those up.

get a lemon, make some lemonade....i'm starting to feel better already :sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back