1971 Chrysler 300 2 door with sunroof w/440 E-Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on the sale. The Dutch love the American cars and have great car shows and other events. Had a ball when I was stationed over there, nearly 25 years ago(!)

Ever been to the Cars are the Stars Event in Kaiserslautern Vogelweh, Patrick ? That was a nice Show done by some guys from the US Military with a Tradition back to the early to mid eighties that unfortunately got killed by 9/11.

I have a question - the engine is painted red, isn't the correct color a turquoise? That is the color our '71 300 had.

We all know this car....redone without the original white interior
I just took a look at the other images in the eBay auction. If the interior was redone, it was redone very thoroughly, including the black headliner which was white on cars with white interior.

I have a question - the engine is painted red, isn't the correct color a turquoise? That is the color our '71 300 had.
Regular 440 engines were corporate blue beginning in 1970 which is also my personal experience but some sources say there have been turqoise engines in 1970 and 1971, too.

Judging from the air cleaner decal and the exhaust headers of this 300, it might have a 440 TNT engine which would have been orange. Since this 300's engine received some attention (e. g. aluminum intake), so it might have been painted red at some time.

I just took a look at the other images in the eBay auction. If the interior was redone, it was redone very thoroughly, including the black headliner which was white on cars with white interior.

Regular 440 engines were corporate blue beginning in 1970 which is also my personal experience but some sources say there have been turqoise engines in 1970 and 1971, too.

Judging from the air cleaner decal and the exhaust headers of this 300, it might have a 440 TNT engine which would have been orange. Since this 300's engine received some attention (e. g. aluminum intake), so it might have been painted red at some time.

Exactly ..............the seller told me it was changed from white to black. If I can recall correctly in the 90's when the car was repainted...either way, great car

Did i see this car in Carlilse a few years(10 at least) back? Nice car!

Carsten may have seen it at some German Mopar meet if it got to Holland as mentioned before.

I have seen it in Västeras, Sweden this year.
It belongs to our member "Hansen" who lives in the south of sweden

Carsten

Do you still have the burnt orange sport suburban... You took me for a ride in it.. 5 years ago... Over in Wantagh... I love that wagon..

attachment.php

any update on this car?

Here's the update. During the winter i fixed the rusted floor and made a new exhaust system, polished the trim and mounted with new trim clips. I also took all the power window mechanism out and cleaned and lubricated it. Now it works as new again wich is a realy nice feeling. The car runs very well and me and my son went to Power meet in Vasteras in the beginning of July. That was a 930 mile trip and the car drove perfect (13mpg :icon_thumright:). I also met Carsten and we had a very nice talk, and i you have any pictures of the car you are very welcome to show them here.bild 3.jpg
Swedish summer evening...
bild 2.jpg
Burnout at "Hälla", Västerås
bild 1.jpg

bild 3.jpg

bild 2.jpg

bild 1.jpg

The interior will stay black but the car will have some nice magnum 500 when i find some to a decent price.

please no Magnum 500 in 15".
These are Ford wheels

Carsten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back