1971 Chrysler New Yorker $10 000

Status
Not open for further replies.
The seller claims the original paint color is Havana. I've never heard nor seen a 1971 Chrysler with that color. Also says it was valued at $12,500 this year.
Canadian Chryslers had a Bahama Yellow but even that isn't even close...
Also, being a Canadian car, it would have been available in Plymouth colors.

I'm almost sure it's Y-2 :)poke:) Sun Fire Yellow which was a 1972 color.

2rwl0s1.jpg

t685mc.jpg

Last edited:
I just looked at all of the paint charts for Chrysler, Dodge, and Plymouth plus and minus a year and I don't see anything close to the paint in this guy's photo's. The camera, lighting, etc., he used to take the pictures might not show it's true color.

I just looked at all of the paint charts for Chrysler, Dodge, and Plymouth plus and minus a year and I don't see anything close to the paint in this guy's photo's. The camera, lighting, etc., he used to take the pictures might not show it's true color.
While you were typing your post, you didn't see mine.

Opps, we both must of been typing at the same time. Thanks.

:eek:ccasion14:

I see the necessity of paint codes.
It's just when people HAVE to say "my A11 (fill in the name of the car here)..."
People having to include a paint code when saying my so and so car are insecure and desperate for attention...
I don't give a flying flip WTF your color is. If I am interested in your color, I'll ask you. And don't say A11 Seashell Magenta.
Say %$#-ing PINK!
This is ONE of the issues that got me banned in one of the Corvette forums.
It really pushes my buttons.

Rant over. I feel better now, thank you.
:soapbox:

yes, but look at the pic taken from the rt frt of the car........looks a lot closer, so does the side pic.

i highly doubt it's a diff color than when it came out....or it's a late car an a '72 color

....or it's a late car an a '72 color
Now that is likely.
I have seen that many times.
I've also seen end of production cars come with the next year's interiors
and early production cars come with the previous year's interiors.
My '76 was a very early car. I have found a few oddities on it that were carried over from the 75 Imp or missing from other 76 NYB's.

yes, amc did a bit of that too, as a matter-of-fact, my '67 ambassador ragtop was made in the last 2 weeks or production and it had the '68 style carpeting and hte '68 style rearview mirror.....guess they ran the '67 stock dry and started to use the '68 stock early, have seen several cars like that.

Keep in mind also that some of the pale yellows do not render very well on photographs. For whatever reason they always look washed out in pics but can be quite attractive in reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back