Console shift
New A/C compressor but not recharged
Auto temp 2 actually functions
Tilt and telescopic steering
Power windows, door locks antenna
Cruise control and vacuum trunk release
Hidden aftermarket stereo
Rear wheel skirts
Road wheels and or American Racing wheels (included if price is agreed)
Let me know what info you need.
$25000 USD
I can send specific photos video if you require.
Located in Calgary Alberta Canada

1F8BDF09-F6CB-46B8-90F0-69F02BE477B5.jpeg

80292AF8-2551-4212-982E-CF956B45BC47.jpeg

ED9046F4-0ECC-4B97-BA88-9E1B4AC1874F.jpeg

E6881980-5A74-42A4-9437-FE9B689CABFC.jpeg

A937AF20-798A-42DD-8D0F-FC5A8C938AEA.jpeg

EFDD4425-3525-4CC7-B269-A29D2864A4C0.jpeg

D454D2FA-C84D-46E4-8676-8A533BE80499.jpeg

C5AB1C6B-A7D1-4690-BF1F-91362DDF75D6.jpeg

5BD97764-E0D6-4347-9EFA-B96636FE79CC.jpeg

3BB67BEF-C8A9-4B57-BB07-081C7FEAD24E.jpeg

Last edited:
Could that New Yorker even be sold to the U.S. given the recent historical/heritage law that Canada has enacted?

Is that Canadian $$?

I was expecting to see R22 on the fender tag but no radio code?

Last edited:
CH23T1C161959 has a B VON, not a C VON. As such, I don’t think it was a Canadian-market car. Assuming that’s the case, and if this gorgeous NYer has been in Canada for less than 20 years, then it should be exportable. If not, it’s be up to some admin type to decide.

@canuck62 — could you please confirm what you know of the history of the car and whether we US buyers are eligible to buy it?

Also, could you add some info about the H53 A/C (what was done, why it is not charged), the brake system (power discs?), and the rimblow wheel (horn works)?

Last edited:
Could that New Yorker even be sold to the U.S. given the recent historical/heritage law that Canada has enacted?

Is that Canadian $$?

I like USD, CDN and Euros
Not sure about your export/import laws. I can inquire with the U.S. and Canadian border services for buyers who wish to entertain an offer.

CH23T1C161959 has a B VON, not a C VON. As such, I don’t think it was a Canadian-market car. Assuming that’s the case, and if this gorgeous NYer has been in Canada for less than 20 years, then it should be exportable. If not, it’s be up to some admin type to decide.

@canuck62 — could you please confirm what you know of the history of the car and whether we US buyers are eligible to buy it?

Also, could you add some info about the H53 A/C (what was done, why it is not charged), the brake system (power discs?), and the rimblow wheel (horn works)?
I purchased this car from a fellow forum member a few years ago.
It has always been a Canadian Car, purchased from the local dealer in Swift Current Saskatchewan (Canada). The metal dealership tag is still on the trunk lid (see rear photo).
The documents I was provided with are not as rich in detail.
I believe I am the fourth or fifth owner.
The first 2 owners were from the same family.
I can inquire about import/export information on serious offers.
Shipping companies can usually do the paperwork. But I can take the car into Montana, if necessary.
The original AC compressor bearings seized up shortly after I purchased the car.
I was torn between replacing the compressor with the period correct unit, or the newer type ones.The period correct compressor was easier to replace. I didn’t have the right tools or knowledge of how to recharge the system.
Power disc brakes
Horn works on a secondary button
Not sure who put it there.

The Jefferson plant coding is a lot like the Lynch Road plant in that specific codes go in specific spots on the tag. The R** code goes in the position where you see the R48 on this tag.

Code R48 supersedes other R codes so IF R48 THEN no other radio code.

The Jefferson plant coding is a lot like the Lynch Road plant in that specific codes go in specific spots on the tag. The R** code goes in the position where you see the R48 on this tag.

You are an amazing resource on this site. Keep up the good work!

So you could have a am/fm with 8track and also power antenna ....but you only find R48 on the tag ?!

So you could have a am/fm with 8track and also power antenna ....but you only find R48 on the tag ?!
Yes. Below shows the consistency in code placement on '71 Jefferson tag. Notice the R code for the actual radio shows up in the same place on each tag (actually, notice how code placement is pretty consistent among the makes and models)
71_Jefferson_radio.jpg

This is a beautiful car. As far as the question of does the Canadian government declare this car to be their cultural property? I believe the answer to that is no. Meaning the seller is free to export the car. This is based on the attached worksheet. Specifically, this car does not pertain to the development of technology per the guideline.( It is not ground breaking, in fact it's the 3rd year of the same body)
It was designed outside of Canada and not by a resident of Canada. ( To my knowledge. Is that correct? )

It would seem that for this to be deemed cultural property it would have to have been designed in part arleast by somebody that at one time lived in Canada before or after. Which is wholly possible and maybe even likely. But hard to determine if not a lead designer.
Assessment Tool – Exporting Antique Vehicles - Canada.ca

As a caveat, I will offer. Any time a government starts claiming your things as their things, I would not put much faith in the measures that they claim to use in doing so.

feel free to correct me, I'm not a Lawyer or a Canadian and I don't play one on tv.

This is a beautiful car. As far as the question of does the Canadian government declare this car to be their cultural property? I believe the answer to that is no. Meaning the seller is free to export the car. This is based on the attached worksheet. Specifically, this car does not pertain to the development of technology per the guideline.( It is not ground breaking, in fact it's the 3rd year of the same body)
It was designed outside of Canada and not by a resident of Canada. ( To my knowledge. Is that correct? )

It would seem that for this to be deemed cultural property it would have to have been designed in part arleast by somebody that at one time lived in Canada before or after. Which is wholly possible and maybe even likely. But hard to determine if not a lead designer.
Assessment Tool – Exporting Antique Vehicles - Canada.ca

As a caveat, I will offer. Any time a government starts claiming your things as their things, I would not put much faith in the measures that they claim to use in doing so.

feel free to correct me, I'm not a Lawyer or a Canadian and I don't play one on tv.
I live in Canada as well and have imported several cars from USA. USA has their rules as any counrty, however I have not heard anything about Classic Canadian cars being restricted. Certainly not 20 plus years old. I am an auto broker here and there is an alarming amount of six month old vehicles and older leaving Canada as the USD has a 30% advantage. Certainly I am sure the information is free on the internet or a call to US Customs at Port of Entry will provide you the details or where to get the details. US Customs I find very helpful compared to our somewhat impatient officers. It is my understanding, the buyer is importing, the seller is not exporting. The seller provides the paperwork: the buyer does their leg work to get it across the border. My suggestion to the seller is to recommend to the buyer, from whatever country, to seek their countries rules. I am not a lawyer either, just speaking from experience.

I live in Canada as well and have imported several cars from USA. USA has their rules as any counrty, however I have not heard anything about Classic Canadian cars being restricted. Certainly not 20 plus years old. I am an auto broker here and there is an alarming amount of six month old vehicles and older leaving Canada as the USD has a 30% advantage. Certainly I am sure the information is free on the internet or a call to US Customs at Port of Entry will provide you the details or where to get the details. US Customs I find very helpful compared to our somewhat impatient officers. It is my understanding, the buyer is importing, the seller is not exporting. The seller provides the paperwork: the buyer does their leg work to get it across the border. My suggestion to the seller is to recommend to the buyer, from whatever country, to seek their countries rules. I am not a lawyer either, just speaking from experience.
What I do know is that it is clear that the exporter applies for the permit. As it is the Canadian Heritage act is designed to keep things significant to Canada in Canada.

What I do know is that it is clear that the exporter applies for the permit. As it is the Canadian Heritage act is designed to keep things significant to Canada in Canada.
Going to check on this. Read the website, seems quite complicated and bizarre. Something only a dunderhead bureaucrat could write that nobody can understand. It appears the product has to have to be a Canadian invention and contributed in some fashion to revolutionizing an industry in some fashion. I would be surprised if they would consider a 71' New Yorker made significant advances to automobile manufacture. However, you could be correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back