1971 Chrysler T&C 440

Dual's and Flowmasters made a huge difference on my NYB.

DSC01352.jpgDSC01353.jpgDSC01354.jpgDSC01356.jpgDSC01357.jpg

DSC01352.jpg

DSC01353.jpg

DSC01354.jpg

DSC01356.jpg

DSC01357.jpg

Yes, that is at best, ridiculous. My Imperial had a 2" single exhaust system with resonator. I chucked that and changed it over to 3" dia. dual exhaust system all the way back with chrome tips and could actually feel a bit of difference just by letting the 440 breath a little better.

Some of the bends are down to 1 7/8" or less. I know noise was a big concern when they designed the factory exhaust systems back in the day. Still, all should have at least 2" duals with big, quiet mufflers and resonators. The 3" system a bit loud? The length of the car probably helped a bit...

I guess I could look for one.....I don't feel any heat coming up through the floorboard.

That shop does nice work. The bends with the larger head pipes are difficult where it meets manifold and around torsion bar. The more I look at it, looks like TTI system but welded. I put their 2-1/2" system on my '71 Polara 440HP, fit really nice. I like to use the Flowmaster 70 Series muffler, 28" case designed for RV's, trucks, only fits the fullsize cars... not loud at all. Seeing your system make me want to stop by TTI in Corona and pick up another kit. Oh yeah... needs to run first Lol

I think the entire system including installation cost me $370. He bent the pipes himself and was done in one day.

That is a screamin deal... guy definitely knows how to bend pipe... looks great!

I think the entire system including installation cost me $370. He bent the pipes himself and was done in one day.

While on the subject... living in the land of Microsoft, you walk in and mention dual exhaust... $700 to start... it's a joke. I remember my first dual exhaust system was $150 with glass packs... granted it was mild steel. I know it is a lot of work, but steel is not up that much. It seems all the shops have caught on to HotRod TV...

While on the subject... living in the land of Microsoft, you walk in and mention dual exhaust... $700 to start... it's a joke. I remember my first dual exhaust system was $150 with glass packs... granted it was mild steel. I know it is a lot of work, but steel is not up that much. It seems all the shops have caught on to HotRod TV...

Negative, You can get custom bent pipe all day long for under $400, guess it depends on where you live

That's nice looking system Bob most shops want to put 2" up front because of laziness then hand you b.s. about torque curves which is when you should be walking back out the door.

I just drove past that shop and it's closed down.....I'm hoping it just moved to a bigger location. That would be a bummer if they closed for good.....they did fantastic work! I'll have to recon the situation!!!

Some of the bends are down to 1 7/8" or less. I know noise was a big concern when they designed the factory exhaust systems back in the day. Still, all should have at least 2" duals with big, quiet mufflers and resonators. The 3" system a bit loud? The length of the car probably helped a bit...
There's good loud and there's bad loud. My car has a nice deep growl type loudness....more like a muffled rumble. It was at a pitch that wasn't annoying.....just a healthy 440 type of sound. Hard to describe. Sounds different from the 383 I have today.

I'm quite satisfied with my sound. Not annoying at all. It does start to get a little louder over 80 mph when it starts to breath pretty good.

Negative, You can get custom bent pipe all day long for under $400, guess it depends on where you live

I'm still lookin... would pay $400 in a second. May have to go into the smaller cities.

All this exhaust talk is giving me incentive to get her running, just need a couple weeks off...

I'm quite satisfied with my sound. Not annoying at all. It does start to get a little louder over 80 mph when it starts to breath pretty good.
That's about what my 383 does, it begins to get very loud around 90mph. I can go thru tunnels or underpasses and get reverb like crazy.

I'll start the NYB and people 50' away will turn around and look....and the real bright ones will continuing looking for another car. LOL!

Back