NOT MINE 1971 Dodge Monaco Brougham Sedan - $6,850 - Fenton, Michigan

Thank you, nice to know.
So the interior is black?

All those options on a top of the line Monaco and it has the base engine, sad! More Disappointing really I guess. There are a lot of Ifs in this car for me. If it were a Polara. If it wasn't originally that stupid gold color.
Price and location doesn't bother me. I should buy it regardless, paint it what I want, install the vinyl buckets and buddy and put a EFI on top of the 383.

If it wasn't originally that stupid gold color.
What you call "stupid," some folks like. The 1971 Gold (Dodge) / Honeydew (Chrysler) is one of my favorite colors on many C-bodies.

Thinking about it, I've passed on probably 6 71 Polaras in the last 20 years because they were this gold color . T8 Y7 Y9 I prefer much more over Y4. To me Y4 is a walkway deal breaker.

Some of the colors we don't like actually don't look so bad when they are done using the modern toners and pearls. Plus in Basecoat /clearcoat they have a depth and shine they didn't have back in the day. F8 green is referred to by guys as "puke green" yet Chrysler brought it back and seems to be selling. I've had about 5 or 6 cars I painted in magazines but only one made the cover. What color was it? F8 green. Some might say using modern paint and clearcoat isn't original but if it looks better I'm all for it. Especially if when I'm doing the car for myself.

:thumbsup:

F8 though I don't want a car in that color looks better in today's sea of black, Silver, Red and white.

I'm simply not a fan of Gold cars . Before I left the East dad and I went out shopping for himself. He stumbled upon this Gold Rush Challenger and had to have it. While it is a gorgeous car and color I wouldn't want it on my car.

20210116_102012.jpg
20210116_101951.jpg

Back to this Monaco, Y4 is NOT a gorgeous color. Mediocre at best in my eyes.

What you call "stupid," some folks like. The 1971 Gold (Dodge) / Honeydew (Chrysler) is one of my favorite colors on many C-bodies.

When I first saw a Y4 yellow on a 2 door 1971 Imperial with a green vinyl roof for sale, my initial reaction was "who would mix those two ugly colors"? But after staring at the listing for a couple days, I ended up buying it and it is now one of my favorite colors/combinations (green has always been a tough sell for me anyway but now I ended up really liking GJ4 as one of my favorite colors). I don't have good photos of my car 71 Imperial coupe because it is currently in storage (will be getting it out in a few months though).

Here is a listing of an almost identical Imperial that resides in Norway. Mine differs only in that the interior is dark green but the cloth on those seats is the most luxurious feeling cloth I have ever felt. It is amazing (the colors are washed out some in these photos though compared to real life):

1971 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron

I also used to not like tawny gold either, but then my other 2 door 1971 Imperial is just that color and now at least on my Imperial, I do like it.

So I have found that color preferences can change in my case at least depending on the application and actually owning one for awhile and viewing them under various lighting conditions and applied to one of my favorite automobiles...............

I have shown my tawny gold one fairly recently here however....................

100_5326-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
the cloth on (1971 Imperial 2dr) seats is the most luxurious feeling cloth I have ever felt. It is amazing
I have to remember to touch them when I visit the "Asylum" :)

I hate that cloth in those seats. In my experience it is " itchy".
You have made the same comment about the seat fabric not just of the 1971 Monaco, but also the 1971 NYer, 1972 Monaco 4dr and 2dr, 1972 Imperial, 1974 Monaco, and 1976 Monaco. No one else has. I value your opinion, so I'd like to know if there is anything specific about those cars' seat fabrics or if you do just don't like fabric seats in general?

It's just " itchy" or can get caught on dry skin. I don't like the texture of the fabric.

Beautiful lines on this car...looks really rust free.

Oh, and I stared at the 68 Monaco lit up tail lights for 5 minutes. Absolutely love that when the wide tail lights are illuminated all the way across. I'd look hard into somehow getting the 71 to do that.

Beautiful lines on this car...looks really rust free.

Oh, and I stared at the 68 Monaco lit up tail lights for 5 minutes. Absolutely love that when the wide tail lights are illuminated all the way across. I'd look hard into somehow getting the 71 to do that.
I am a "keep it original, Hannibal" kind of guy, but that is the one mod that I have been seriously discussing with @71Polara383 for Medina, my 1971 Monaco -- for the reason you mention. There are so few two-doors left, though, that I am reluctant to mess it up. If I do so, that'll be if and when I repaint the car in the original GY9 and re-chrome the bumpers.

The asking price was lowered by $1.2k down to $5,650 -- and FB Marketplace now marks it as sold.
ask lowered to $5650 & sold.png

Hopefully we get to see more of DH41L1D123580
upload_2021-6-20_9-24-15.png

Last edited:
Back