1971 Dodge Monaco, Very Low Miles, But 4 Door - Appears Very Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow....! Nice car...... Something is telling
me we saw it once before... The brown one with the Gator grain had trouble getting five grand

great colour combo.

But the brown with Gator roof had some rust issues, too
Is it definetly sold now?

Carsten

Nice, too bad it's not a hdtp.

That's right....the brown one was A hardtop.....wasn't it?

IF this car was a two door it wouldn't have lasted a day

Who puts away a 1971 4 door ???
This beautiful classic has been stored in a climate controlled facility for 32 years.
crazy%20smiley.gif

That's right....the brown one was A hardtop.....wasn't it?

IF this car was a two door it wouldn't have lasted a day

yes, it was a Hardtop.
Partial repaint. Very heavy scale rust from underneath with some rust through.
Friend of mine decided not to buy it because he was scared from the underside

Unless it was a convertible I'm not sure I would want a 2-door, on any car.
I have alway like the more offbeat vehicles like 4-doors and wagons.

Alan

106559 1983 right front.jpg

This was my first car ........... no trouble getting in and out with the kids, yeah it was a little bit easier I suppose, that was a long time ago.

118263 2004 left front.jpg

This was my return to C's after not having one for about 8 years..... The kids didn't mind and It really wasn't an issue. Then again, I don't recall having a car seat in this... so point well taken

106559 1983 right front.jpg

118263 2004 left front.jpg

Mostly, I was just being contrary because everyone loves coupes.

But serious, too. I have a rear-facing child seat (18 months old) and that would just suck to have to climb in back stuff her in the seat, and climb out again every morning. When I have two seats in there.... well four doors will make it much easier.

Plus, it's awesome to roll up to the cruise ship terminal when my wife's grandparents are in town. Open the back door for them, and have them slide easily in, exclaiming, "wow, this is like a limousine!"

Cheaper, more functional, and (to me, admittedly in the minority) no less cool. Four doors got it goin' on.

But the post has got to go....

Edited to add: Both of those cars are awesome. If my family was grown up enough to get in and out under their own power....

View attachment 32391

This was my first car ........... no trouble getting in and out with the kids, yeah it was a little bit easier I suppose, that was a long time ago.

View attachment 32392

This was my return to C's after not having one for about 8 years..... The kids didn't mind and It really wasn't an issue. Then again, I don't recall having a car seat in this... so point well taken

you have been without a "C" for 8 years?
The idea alone hurts.
How could you survive?

Great question Carsten, had to grow up and straighten things out I suppose. Most here know my history. The fact that I survived and I am where I am is .....well......fortunate for me.

I prefer the sedan over the hardtop. Hardtops tend to leak, plus the back window on the sedan is better. This of course applies to my view of the polaras only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back