SOLD 1971 Fury I

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIPLOWGUY

Reaction score
Contact seller
1971 Plymouth Fury I. Slant 6, manual transmission. Engine was removed, rebuilt, and detailed. Engine and transmission NOT installed. Original low mileage car in outstanding condition. Asking $7500 as it sits now. Reasonable offers considered.
Engine .JPG

Front.JPG
Front L.JPG
Rear.JPG
Rear R.JPG
Seat F.JPG
Seat Rear.JPG
Speedometer.jpg
Dash.JPG
Trunk.JPG

That has to be my old neighbors car. I went to school with his son. If that is the same car, my neighbor bought it at maybe 1-2 years old from Leny Levy Chrysler-Plymouth in the Oakland neighborhood of the city of Pittsburgh. The original owner died and the car was too big & had a manual transmission, therefore his widow couldn’t drive it. My neighbor rode the bus to& from work so this Fury sat in his tandem garage most of the time. When sitting in the garage the trunk lid was always open & the trunk mat was always folded up over the spare tire. My neighbor was particular about maintenance & did most, if not all of his own mechanical work. He passed away in the late 90’s I believe & I haven’t seen his son since then. Sorry for the long reply, especially if that’s not his old car, but I’m betting it is. If I had the cash & a place to work on it I’d buy it in a minute. I would leave the 3 on the tree being that it’s rare. That car always looked nice whenever Mr W would drive down my street.

That has to be my old neighbors car. I went to school with his son. If that is the same car, my neighbor bought it at maybe 1-2 years old from Leny Levy Chrysler-Plymouth in the Oakland neighborhood of the city of Pittsburgh. The original owner died and the car was too big & had a manual transmission, therefore his widow couldn’t drive it. My neighbor rode the bus to& from work so this Fury sat in his tandem garage most of the time. When sitting in the garage the trunk lid was always open & the trunk mat was always folded up over the spare tire. My neighbor was particular about maintenance & did most, if not all of his own mechanical work. He passed away in the late 90’s I believe & I haven’t seen his son since then. Sorry for the long reply, especially if that’s not his old car, but I’m betting it is. If I had the cash & a place to work on it I’d buy it in a minute. I would leave the 3 on the tree being that it’s rare. That car always looked nice whenever Mr W would drive down my street.
Very interesting. My friend Carl who was owner #2 said he bought it from the original owner's son. So, you are saying it was purchased "used" at 1-2 years old? I wish I had more history on the car. If I was keeping it (which I originally planned to) I ABSOLUTELY would keep it with the manual transmission. I owned it 00-02 and bought it back last year after it passed on to 3 other owners. Please let me know what else you know about it. It only has 1 option, M85 front and rear bumper guards. Why? I am curious to know why that option.

I wish I had more history on that car. I’m almost positive Mr W bought it around’72-‘73. His son & I would have been 10 or 11 at the time. I was more the car guy & my dad had a’68 Fury III so I had a fondness for Fury’s. Still do obviously. IIRC that car is radio delete & has a 3.91 or close gear ratio because of the 6 cylinder pulling that big car.

I wish I had more history on that car. I’m almost positive Mr W bought it around’72-‘73. His son & I would have been 10 or 11 at the time. I was more the car guy & my dad had a’68 Fury III so I had a fondness for Fury’s. Still do obviously. IIRC that car is radio delete & has a 3.91 or close gear ratio because of the 6 cylinder pulling that big car.
It is radio delete. Like I said, only 1 option. I thought it was very odd as this car shows it is an "ordered car". What was his name?

It is radio delete. Like I said, only 1 option. I thought it was very odd as this car shows it is an "ordered car". What was his name?
Chuck Woratcheck was his name. I still can't believe that Fury I showed up here. As I stated earlier Mr W bought that car a little over a year old with very few miles. The dealer practically sold it at little profit because of the no power anything and standard transmission. I always loved the color of that car. So did one of my neighbors. He painted his '64 Chevy Impala that same color.

Now that is what I call a stripper and not the kind seen on a pole. These have got to be so, so rare that they really do need to stay the way there are for posterity. Definitely doesn't need it's six and 3 on the column stripped out like so many smaller cars were in order to make them fake muscle cars. I'm on a roll in that changing it would be a crime against humanity! Yeah!

The radio wasn’t deleted, it just wasn’t ordered. Option.

Nice car! I’d snap that up if it were closer!

The ultimate Beastie Boys “Sabatoge” cruiser.

Last edited:
rubber floor, that might have surprises underneath. just looking underneath the car won't tell the condition

rubber floor, that might have surprises underneath. just looking underneath the car won't tell the condition
The interior was removed by the owner before me, who was a friend of mine, to coat the floors with anti-rust to minimize the potential of the floors rusting. It was remarkable clean before he did that. That was around 2000, which was the first time I owned the car.

Thank you for posting this FQ5 Fury 1 here ( PE41C1F179408 )

This car is very similar to cars my father would purchase for our school system back in the 70s. He was the Business Manager, and would purchase very low optioned cars on 'State Bid' for school personnel to drive. They'd be kept for a year and then sold, usually for more that what the state bid price was. With the low mileage and careful maintenance, they were very much in demand. With this method the school system always had new cars, for what was essentially no cost. I wonder if the story behind this car is something along those lines?

This car is very similar to cars my father would purchase for our school system back in the 70s. He was the Business Manager, and would purchase very low optioned cars on 'State Bid' for school personnel to drive. They'd be kept for a year and then sold, usually for more that what the state bid price was. With the low mileage and careful maintenance, they were very much in demand. With this method the school system always had new cars, for what was essentially no cost. I wonder if the story behind this car is something along those lines?
Unlikely due to the manual transmission as well as it being an "ordered car". Usually when Chryslers are bought under contracts (likely your Dad would have used an NYS contract), the body tag would specify that as a "fleet" or "special order" car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back