For Sale 1971 Monaco 2 door - not mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for the record books, this car sold last week based on an offer of $13.5K sight unseen in person. The new owner picked it up today and completed the cash payment and drove it away. The seller kept me informed and sent me notice this afternoon.

That is a good price it seems to me as I was expecting it would sell for less. The seller found the right buyer it seems. So prices are still healthy or maybe increasing especially given the virus situation at present. Dave's (polara 71) and ayilars's expectations seem solid at present for these Dodge models.

Negative, this was a very well optioned solid rust free two door 71 monaco that happened to be green.

Not sure why you said "negative"? I think that @69monaco is correct, the color must have hurt the final sale price. If DH23N1D163388 had been GB2 or GB7 Blue, GQ5 Turquoise, GJ4 Moss (April Green for Chrysler), or GA4 or GA8 Gunmetal (Slate Grey for Chrysler) with black or white interior, I know at least a couple of people who would have bought her for close to the original asking price.

I agree with you that this car has a very attractive set of mechanical options: E63 N-code (383-4) engine / B41 Disc Brakes / A35 HD Towing package (so it has SureGrip). Also, like most of the 1971 Monaco 2-doors I have seen, it has the A07 special package (which adds a bunch of goodies) -- but other than that, the only major option is the N88 cruise control. This car has no other comfort option: power windows or seats, no fancy radio, no buckets or vinyl seats, and no RHS mirror.

The comment about the importance of color applies, IMO, to the GF9 300 that recently sold in Oregon: like this Monaco, CS23T1C275165 came with a front bench seat (in fact, a more attractive and comfortable one, IMHO) that also needed re-upholstering -- but the GF9 Avocado Green paint does not have many fans, just like the GF3 Medium Green on this triple-green Monaco.

Bottom line: The 300 sold sight unseen for $12.5k, this Monaco for $13.5k. Those are solid prices, so I take this sale as evidence that the prices of desirable models (in these two cases, rust-free 2-dr 1971 one-owner BBs) are holding up. In the right color, though, both would have sold for several thousand more.

Edit: I hope that whoever bought either/both of those cars posts here.

Last edited:
because I read it as it was just a green car, not just a green car.
:lol: After you pointed out his intent, I could see it but that wasn't the way and isn't the way I perceive it. :thankyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back