SOLD 1971 Newport and 1973 New Yorker Brougham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moparbrad

Reaction score
Contact seller
So I recently got these two cars from a local auto repair shop who was going to crush them!!! I stumbled upon them by coincidence. The shop owner bought a 67 Fury I had and when I dropped it off for him, he had the NY sitting in his shop. Didn't think much of it at the time. I guess recently, he acquired the Newport which I believe belonged to a member here at one time?? Any way, he wanted the 383 out of the Newport and was going to junk the rest. Well, I had the NY in the back of my mind all this time so I went to his shop to inquire. That's when I saw the Newport and he told me he was going to junk them. I couldn't see them crushed so I bought them. Basically I'm trying to sell them here to someone who can maybe use them. I REALLY don't want derby clowns getting their hands on them but, that may be the cars fait.

71 Newport 4 door hard top - no title $750
Was bought from an estate auction I think. Super straight car and zero rust. Factory a/c, p/s and POWER DISK BRAKES. Just a roller, no eng/trans/drive shaft/radiator. All else is there. Seriously, NO rust!

73 NYB 2 door - no title $500
440 car, a/c, tilt/telescopic, all power options including cruise control. no engine or trans. Almost no rust. The trunk lid was left open for 20 years and the trunk floor is a little crusty. Not gone, just crusty. I'm keeping the disks off it for my Monaco but it will be a roller with drums.

If you want more details or pics, just let me know.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
If you don't get a nibble here its a shame... maybe re word your title to "member parting ..." so they catch on...

I'd like to avoid the "derby" sales tactic. 2 local numbnutz already inquired about the Newport. Pulled up in a mid 70s Chevy truck with "race stickers" all over the back window. Said they have a friend back east that buys old Mopar 4 doors. Yeah right.
I suppose I'll sell parts off them if no interest is shown in taking them as-is. Sad since they are soooo solid! You back east guys would be thousands ahead buying one of these no rust diamonds. :eek:ccasion14:

This is why I no longer pay attention to B bodies, sporting 383 or 440's, at shows after seeing all these C bodies missing engines.

I'd like to avoid the "derby" sales tactic. 2 local numbnutz already inquired about the Newport. Pulled up in a mid 70s Chevy truck with "race stickers" all over the back window. Said they have a friend back east that buys old Mopar 4 doors. Yeah right.
I suppose I'll sell parts off them if no interest is shown in taking them as-is. Sad since they are soooo solid! You back east guys would be thousands ahead buying one of these no rust diamonds. :eek:ccasion14:

That would be a much easier plan to follow if they had titles... I know... me and titles... lots of people are not willing to vin swap because its not legal... not judging... just saying... and I agree at your price, if the shipping is fair these would be good sheet metal investments for someone. meanwhile... collect what you can... the derby guys wont care about anything but bumpers and shells.

I would be interested in the window switches and the plugs that they plug into from the 2 door. Let me know if you decide to sell some parts. Thank you.

I would be interested in the window switches and the plugs that they plug into from the 2 door. Let me know if you decide to sell some parts. Thank you.

Im probably going to part the 2 door. I've had a few interested in parts. Shoot me a PM.

I would like the switches, plugs and about 10 inches of the wire. There should be a 4 toggle switch on the drivers side door, and 1 toggle switches on the passenger's door and two back windows. Switches are on the internet for 7 to 10 dollars, but I cannot find the plugs. I believe that there is also a wire that goes between the rear two windows. I need that as well. How does $60.00 work for you? I can paypal as soon as you are ready to ship. Let me know how they look and if the price works for you.

I would like the switches, plugs and about 10 inches of the wire. There should be a 4 toggle switch on the drivers side door, and 1 toggle switches on the passenger's door and two back windows. Switches are on the internet for 7 to 10 dollars, but I cannot find the plugs. I believe that there is also a wire that goes between the rear two windows. I need that as well. How does $60.00 work for you? I can paypal as soon as you are ready to ship. Let me know how they look and if the price works for you.

PM sent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back