1971 Plymouth Sport Fury GT Brogham & U code Super Comando

Beautiful car, simply beautiful.

I read all 75 pages of this thread over time but I cannot recall whether those door panels and armrests are original, NOS, or newly remade. Where did you get those perfect pieces?

Beautiful car, simply beautiful.

I read all 75 pages of this thread over time but I cannot recall whether those door panels and armrests are original, NOS, or newly remade. Where did you get those perfect pieces?

panels are original door panels and arm rests...door pulls ere graciously given up by Big-John from the site...again Thanx John....carpet on bottom was changed to match new carpet....Paul did his thing with them and they came out better than l excpected..screw sms...don't git me wrong if l needed their only game in town and would suck up the year wait if l had to...all materials came from SMS....paints and dyes for panels we had made up

Man I'm blown away, enjoy your new ride but please remember us mere mortals who are just starting down the path.

Just curious if you ever found the tail shaft safety bracket. I couldn't find the discussion in the thread, but I remember showing an image of what I had. While I was in Colorado I took a pic of my friend's "time capsule" 300, which has two of them. Not sure if it's the same on the Fury.

DSC02818.JPG

upload_2016-9-23_13-0-31.png

believe we just went with the one and left missing one out as it was more of a hindrance than anything due to location.....if l were to pound on the car would definitely have both....don't see myself pushin this car to hard for awhile...honestly first lm gona have to learn how to drive and handle it....

I wouldn't call that a "driveshaft safety loop". It looks to me like it's there to reinforce the brace.

I wouldn't call that a "driveshaft safety loop". It looks to me like it's there to reinforce the brace.
Hmmmmm....gona have to have good look at that...very well could serve two purposes....can't remember exact reasoning we didn't put other back on but will query paul....believe most of them were taken of durry a tranny issue and just left off

Hmmmmm....gona have to have good look at that...very well could serve two purposes....can't remember exact reasoning we didn't put other back on but will query paul....believe most of them were taken of durry a tranny issue and just left off
I don't believe the one further back fits with the dual exhaust, although my parts car has both and that has after-market pipes. My friend's car pictured has single exhaust.

I stuck my phone under the car and it looks like I only have one in place.
I had removed the seats and needed to remove the brace to get at the nuts. It looks to me now that I have it in the wrong location.... Which makes some sense to me now.... I had a hard time getting the brace back in.

I have to fix a trans leak (typical selector shaft leak) this winter. I'll change it back then.

I don't believe the one further back fits with the dual exhaust, although my parts car has both and that has after-market pipes. My friend's car pictured has single exhaust.
Here ya go... My car doesn't have it and your convertible doesn't, but your hardtop does.... So..... Parts manual to the rescue.... The convertible doesn't have this brace. Don't mean to hijack, but since it's being questioned.

reinforcement.jpg

Here ya go... My car doesn't have it and your convertible doesn't, but your hardtop does.... So..... Parts manual to the rescue.... The convertible doesn't have this brace. Don't mean to hijack, but since it's being questioned.

View attachment 94319
Interesting. My friend's car is Canadian built, and has both. There are a number of differences I've noticed between our cars, another is the steering column, I'm sure there are more.

Your car looks amazing Derek. I remember it being for sale a long time before you bought it. I remember you buying it. I also remember thinking good luck with that one.
Of course I didn't know how serious you were. Seeing a guy come into the C body world , usually doesn't yield the results you've achieved, in fact I never have.
I'm glad I didn't have to write the checks or go through the anxiety. I'm also glad I don't own it because that anxiety wouldn't go away for me. I simply would be afraid to drive it and I wouldn't enjoy it. I do hope you do, for a long long time.....:thumbsup:

Back