1971 Sport Fury GT hood graphics placement measurements

Trailer Park

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am reaching out to see if anyone has the exact measurements of the hood graphics for a 1971 Sport fury GT. I own 3 but as luck would have it, non of them have the GT hood graphics on them. One car I bought came with a set so I would like to put them on but I was wondering if there were any official measurements for them?

I have watched episodes of Graveyard cars where he was able to look up the exact placement of graphics for other Mopars, I was wondering if it is notated somewhere? I can barely see some of the lines where the graphics used to be on my GY9 GT but the lines are very faint. Looking at originals they seem to be only a little bit off the center line. Other GTs seem to have them a little bit further off the center line. I have already reached out to @Fury Pursuit and @FURYGT and they are checking to see what they can find. Looking at original hoods I am trying to guess a little but would appreciate if anyone has any input here.

B7 GT hood.jpg

EV2 71 GT hood.jpg

EV2 GT - Copy.PNG

EW1 71 GT hood.jpg

EW1 pt 2 71 GT hood.JPG

Gold Gold 2 71 GT hood.jpg

Gold Gold 71 GT hood.jpg

IMG_6119.JPG

IMG_6120.JPG

TX9 71 GT hood.jpg

I'd be willing to bet, if you looked at ten different cars you'd come up with ten different measurements. I've watched Graveyard cars, and seen episodes where Mark and his team measured exactly where they all go. In reality, the line workers had about 30 seconds to do their task on average. It's unlikely the stencils measurements where ever accurately installed. If they were dealer installed it probably depended on the body shop's buy in....

I would run with whats shown on Nigels old car that has original paint. Looks like the stripes are placed even with the edge of the second cowl vent.

I suspect that the normal paint pin stripes were done "on the line", but I also suspect that something as large as the hood decals were done "off-line", after the cars received their final sign-off inspection, on the way to the holding lot for transportation. That way, they could have the hoods sprayed with soapy water, get the decals laid out, readied all items for installation, and then installed by trained operatives. Whether they did this in-plant or diverted them to an outside vendor for installation, I'm not sure.

Wondering if Rick Ehrenberg might have some documents, as he has published for A-body and B-body stripes?

I concur that there might have been some slight variations, even if correct orientations might exist, in how the decals were placed and installed on the hoods.

Just some suspicions,
CBODY67

Back