1972-73 IMPERIAL FOR SALE Tracker starting NOW into INFINITY.

I'd rather see a car sit in a dirt floor delapdated leaky bird poop and rat infected barn for 40 years.:rofl:

I'm fascinated by this. What does the number of owners have to do with anything? Would you rather it be owned by 1 person who does nothing to improve the car but just sits on it? A car "such as this"? What does that even mean? It's a 8-12k car, not 100k. The end value of this car isn't impacted by the number of owners.
Guess it doesn't make any difference to you, since you also bought and sold the black '73 within a short period of time. A car that's had 1 or 2 owners is seen as more valuable, this has the opposite effect. But, as I've said before; it's a nice example, of which not many are left in this condition, and I hope the next owner will keep it and maintain it.

Guess it doesn't make any difference to you, since you also bought and sold the black '73 within a short period of time. A car that's had 1 or 2 owners is seen as more valuable, this has the opposite effect. But, as I've said before; it's a nice example, of which not many are left in this condition, and I hope the next owner will keep it and maintain it.
How many owners a car has had makes no difference on value. I can appreciate a low owner car, but I'd pay the same for Amy if my cars if they were owned by 20 extra owners.

I bought the sister car to this from McCandless and it was a very pleasant experience. Quality seller and a fair deal. So, love to see the price bid up.

How many owners a car has had makes no difference on value. I can appreciate a low owner car, but I'd pay the same for Amy if my cars if they were owned by 20 extra owners.
One owner cars, as an example, are more desirable to many enthusiasts/collectors, and that does affect value positively.

I bought the sister car to this from McCandless and it was a very pleasant experience. Quality seller and a fair deal. So, love to see the price bid up.
Never said anything negative about the seller or the car, we all know about his great collection and willingness to make it nicer (the ceramic coating works wonders), and I reckon this one will fetch a good price.

Very happy to be the next in line to own the 73 Imperial (aka Old Red). Following up on something mentioned in one of the previous posts, I aspire to be the kind of good-steward owners that both @My65cuda and @DocMcNeedy have been to this car. I think it's clear that both of them went above and beyond basic maintenance to meaningfully improve the car during their ownership tenures, and that's what I hope to achieve as well.

I'm new to this whole C Body world. The short version of my story is that my first car at age 16 was a '71 New Yorker that my grandfather sold to me for $300 on the condition that I sell it back to him for the same $300 when I was ready to move on. That only ended up being a couple of years, because college came along and I couldn't afford to have a car at school. But ever since then I've always had the idea that someday down the road when I could afford it, I'd own one of "those cars" again. (As an aside, I didn't know it was called Fuselage styling - I just knew there was a certain "look" that the Chryslers of that era had and I've always loved it.)

And then a week ago I happened to stumble onto the BAT auction listing for the '73 and the rest is history. We all set these rules for ourselves when it comes to buying cars (I won't pay over $X, I need to see it in person, gotta have working AC because I'm in Arizona, I won't buy a car so far way that transport cost is more than $Y, etc etc) and I broke pretty much every single one them today to win the bid for this car. But what the hell - sometimes life's just too short to let rules get in the way.

Last edited:
Very happy to be the next in line to own the 73 Imperial (aka Old Red). Following up on something mentioned in one of the previous posts, I aspire to be the kind of good-steward owners that both @My65cuda and @DocMcNeedy have been to this car. I think it's clear that both of them went above and beyond basic maintenance to meaningfully improve the car during their ownership tenures, and that's what I hope to achieve as well.

I'm new to this whole C Body world. The short version of my story is that my first car at age 16 was a '71 New Yorker that my grandfather sold to me for $300 on the condition that I sell it back to him for the same $300 when I was ready to move on. That only ended up being a couple of years, because college came along and I couldn't afford to have a car at school. But ever since then I've always had the idea that someday down the road when I could afford it, I'd own one of "those cars" again. (As an aside, I didn't know it was called Fuselage styling - I just knew there was a certain "look" that the Chryslers of that era had and I've always loved it.)

And then a week ago I happened to stumble onto the BAT auction listing for the '73 and the rest is history. We all set these rules for ourselves when it comes to buying cars (I won't pay over $X, I need to see it in person, gotta have working AC because I'm in Arizona, I won't buy a car so far way that transport cost is more than $Y, etc etc) and I broke pretty much every single one them today to win the bid for this car. But what the hell - sometimes life's just too short to let rules get in the way.
Congratulations, the car has had a very fortunate history of owners.

Congratulations! Best thing for me is it I assume will be coming to the Phoenix area so maybe I'll get to see it in person. :thumbsup:

19k for a 4 door, wow that could be a new record. I guess that's inflation :lol:

It's because of all the owners it has had. It is going to AZ.

didn´t you also acquire the black with blue interior off of Doc´s stable ? will you keep that one or sell as well? I remember the video you posted after the detail guy was done with it.
It looked like fresh off the assembly line

You are really going to love this Imperial. I bought it from a knowledgeable forum member here and ultimately sold it to another talented and knowledgeable forum member. They both took great care of 'Old Red. I'm glad it is going to you and going to stay in the forum family. Would love to see pictures on your new purchase after you receive her and enjoy her. I have many miles and memories with her and many pics that I will never delete. In fact, I still have this one as my screen saver on my daily laptop. If there's any dog hair in the carpet it's probably from my four yellow labradors who were frequent passengers.

old red.png

1973Imperial 1972 Chrysler Imperial · Sedan 4D

Seller's description​

1972 Chrysler Imperial LaBaron. 440ci, TorqueFlite 727 3-speed Auto. Still has plastic on back seat and arm rests. Car is a very nice driver as is but does show its age. No rust. Very clean all original.
Sonny Hayzlett
1654322074868.png

1654322118507.png

1654322143305.png

1654322224744.png
1654322184270.png

Back