For Sale 1972 Chrysler Imperial - $14000 (West side)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straight eight

Reaction score
Contact seller
not mine.....bit pricey

1972 Chrysler Imperial

01111_9a250iSH3PB_600x450.jpg

00R0R_je3Yeh3wHSu_600x450.jpg

00h0h_4hALkMVE71q_600x450.jpg

And once again for the 10 millionth time, I leave you with these famous last words...
the air not working. I think it just needs charged.
Fail on two levels.
1. Grammar
2. It needs more than a simple charge.

And more bad grammar
"That's about it. Nothing that really costs any money, they just need tinkered "

Also seems the sellers ad text is unnecessarily angry for wanting to sell something at a premium price .

Last edited:
Oh and by the way, the air doesn’t work. Really nothing, it’s cheap to fix.

And more bad grammar
"That's about it. Nothing that really costs any money, they just need tinkered "

Also seems the sellers ad text is unnecessarily angry for wanting to sell something at a premium price .
Think he meant to say, "no lower balls."

Oh, I'm not sure, but that tail pipe looks like something a crackhead would slap on such a nice car

If it were mine, I'd either repair all the issues or drop the price to compensate the next owner. It'd probably be worth buying if everything worked considering repair costs.

That comment about costing more than a Cadillac, was that true as Chrysler advertising suggested Cadillacs, Imperials and Lincolns were roughly the same price.

He can pull it outside to park the rug munckins ***'s on it but can't get some decent pics...?
:wtf:

And once again for the 10 millionth time, I leave you with these famous last words...

Fail on two levels.
1. Grammar
2. It needs more than a simple charge.

Grammar; while terrible throughout the ad, is the least of that dude's issues.

That comment about costing more than a Cadillac, was that true as Chrysler advertising suggested Cadillacs, Imperials and Lincolns were roughly the same price.

The suggested retail was usually a few dollars higher than Cad/Linc, (like within a $100) but that meant nothing. I would guess actual transaction prices were usually less.

Cads had the best resale by far, basically on name and the better treatment you got at a Cad-exclusive store, or at least paired with Olds/Buick in smaller markets. With an Imperial, your were guaranteed a dealer experience worthy of a /6 Duster.

Of course our engineering was better, but...

The suggested retail was usually a few dollars higher than Cad/Linc, (like within a $100) but that meant nothing. I would guess actual transaction prices were usually less.

Cads had the best resale by far, basically on name and the better treatment you got at a Cad-exclusive store, or at least paired with Olds/Buick in smaller markets. With an Imperial, your were guaranteed a dealer experience worthy of a /6 Duster.

Of course our engineering was better, but...
Thx Carmine, marketing can assist a lesser product succeed over a better one. Classic case was the VCR, Sony's Betamax was technologically superior to VHS but when you got 2hr vs 1hr recording time and probably other features, that swayed the market. Shame Chrysler dealerships didn't compare to Cadillac where Imperial is concerned but when the sales volume was far smaller I guess dealers didn't care, and, as is commonly written, - the public thought an Imperial an expensive Chrysler compared to say, a Cadillac or Lincoln so what could you do.

We have the better driving car anyway.

Incidentally, I realize engineering makes a difference as Chrysler used to say, but comparing the 3 US luxury cars, how does that statement translate into making one car (or product) better than another?

Even though this guy's whacked, he does get points for one of the best lines ever on c-list...
"I am to fat to be a crackhead so please don't try to lowball me. I don't want to trade for any of your junk. If you are to poor to afford a car of this caliber please don't respond, just get your *** off of craigslist and get a better job so one day you maybe able too.":rofl:

I'm quite sure that I saw this car for sale on Craigslist about 2 years ago for about $5 or 6K. I remember checking on an Amtrak ticket to Cleveland. I can't remember why I didn't pull the trigger on it.

Exterior looks like mine despite having a grille with rectangles and bumpers lack the ``boobs``. I still like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back