1657248665041.png

1657248675011.png

1657248685422.png

1657248733712.png

1657248743963.png
1657248753097.png

1657248779961.png

1657248798478.png

1972 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham. Lots of work done. Buy and drive it home! Runs and drives great. Not many left in this color combo.

Triple gold GY9 NYB. My hands are full, but it was hard to say no.

The great shape of the interior seems consistent with the claim of 66k miles: AFAICT, no rips in the seats, uncracked tilt rimblow wheel. Strange look of the upper radiator hose. From the ad:

"Lots of work done. Buy and drive it home! Runs and drives great. Not many left in this color combo."

@david hill @fury fan

Wow! That is a beautiful interior. I really like that. Overall a very beautiful car!

Weird, I didn't really care for the gold interior until I got mrs. billet. Now I haver really grown to like that color interior.

That sure is pretty.
I can imagine a 4-door in my future one day. While I would lean toward a 69-71 300 or NY, or 70/71 Sport Fury - this one certainly hits lots of other checkboxes as far as color and condition - and it sure has presence, esp with the Road Wheels. I do love Tawny Gold!
I don't know what such 4-doors are selling for, but this one seems to be priced in the range of what the asking prices are.

I don't know what such 4-doors are selling for, but this one seems to be priced in the range of what the asking prices are.
The closest comparable is a GY8 1972 NYB that sold in October 2019. CS43T2C306134 sold for $7.4k on eBay -- there were two other serious bidders (besides yours truly), one being a late forum member:

I did not bid higher at the time because the H53 AutoTemp needed fixing. This GY9, in contrast, has the H51 manual A/C and as such should be worth more. Then again, unlike you and me, not many folks like GY9. I personally think it is a perfect match to the interior (whose gold carpeting has a green tinge to it).

Yesterday while waiting for some files to download from my cloud drive I had the 2 FB engine pics opened up and enlarged in my paint program and while waiting for these file I scoped out the engine bay shots. Something funky going on around the radiator department, slap happy patch on a broken shroud, broken shrouds are the result of someone jacking up the engine and not removing the fan or detaching the shroud. Radiator has no Mopar part numbers and thus maybe a replacement, plus on the passenger side of the rear radiator it appears that there is some sort of bracket sticking out by the upper tank requiring the shroud in what looks like some spacer to clear this spacer which makes a gap at the upper placement of the shroud kind of defeating it's purpose (air leakage). Not correct radiator for application?

Plus in scoping in the road grime in the nooks & crannies and rashing of the front curve of the air cleaner housing leads me to believe that this is a very well kept 100k+ mileage car. (sorry to burst every ones bubble) And as usual we see no underside pictures of the car as that can give true judgement via road grime buildup as to the actual mileage.

Nice looking car though from the top side.

The closest comparable is a GY8 1972 NYB that sold in October 2019. CS43T2C306134 sold for $7.4k on eBay -- there were two other serious bidders (besides yours truly), one being a late forum member:

[/URL]

I did not bid higher at the time because the H53 AutoTemp needed fixing. This GY9, in contrast, has the H51 manual A/C and as such should be worth more. Then again, unlike you and me, not many folks like GY9. I personally think it is a perfect match to the interior (whose gold carpeting has a green tinge to it).
Yeah, the GY8 doesn't do it for me like GY9 - at least in pictures.

Here's one from my mental list of cars I wish I could've bought. T-code Brougham with ~50k miles, was on ebay back in 2014.
1657391054838.png

Here's one from my mental list of cars I wish I could've bought. T-code Brougham with ~50k miles, was on ebay back in 2014.
Nice! That is PH29T1D260621 -- see here for more photos.

...Radiator has no Mopar part numbers and thus maybe a replacement, plus on the passenger side of the rear radiator it appears that there is some sort of bracket sticking out by the upper tank requiring the shroud in what looks like some spacer to clear this spacer which makes a gap at the upper placement of the shroud kind of defeating it's purpose (air leakage). Not correct radiator for application?
Good eye! I looked at it again, the red outline is the concrete under the car. The shroud does indeed seem to be strange.
1657399472142.png

Nice! That is PH29T1D260621 -- see here for more photos.
Why am I not surprised that you knew of this one and had its VIN??? Took a whole 22min for you to close that loop. :)
Even though that website shows UK, it lists location as US. That's a relief. This one would be prime to go to EU - although maybe it has since then.
Ironically, it was still at the same price as 2014, and there are a few questions on the page dated 1st half of 2016.
Wonder where that car is now? Although if it was still available at $13k I don't know exactly what I would do about it...

I certainly like this color a lot. Question though. Shouldn't the gap here at the top of the two doors meet or is this just a sloppy job on Chrysler part when building the car.

292431240_5428706597150196_229545257343227521_n.jpg

Judging by the lock button I'd say the front door panel isn't pushed down as far as it should be.

Looks like this New Yorker is back on the market, on eBay now, at $15,500. Still a very nice car.
(same paint peeling on the intake of the air filter, which makes me tell it is the same car).
VIN : CS43T2C271608

flippers wishful thinking fading away. Must be like the one classic car dealer in Lakeland FL who buys cars at the Punta Gorda auction and then nearly doubles their pre commission cost to sell on their site. Even when I told them I know what they paid for at least 3 of the cars I considered, they would not budge much from their requested price. They are now listing on line eBay and still have all 3 of them. I bought 3 cars in the interim but from other sellers since their prices are so unreasonable. They have their 1970 (or 1969) Chrysler 300 convertible for over $40k too. Not sure what it should be worth though

Last edited:
Back