For Sale 1972 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rotten chassis from sitting in a barn for many years, plus the entire driveline is gone, front bumper and radiator support cut, no title, it will be parted.

Thank you for this additional info. It's OK to part it out then. I'm kind of biased toward the 1972's, hence my previous comment.

Thank you for this additional info. It's OK to part it out then. I'm kind of biased toward the 1972's, hence my previous comment.
I do try to save cars when its feasible, I'm not one to cut up a good car. This car will help others improve theirs and put mine back on the road.

I do try to save cars when its feasible, I'm not one to cut up a good car. This car will help others improve theirs and put mine back on the road.

Will you be grafting some of the New Yorker's cowl section onto your current 1970 Sport Fury project?

Will you be grafting some of the New Yorker's cowl section onto your current 1970 Sport Fury project?
Not sure yet, I have most of the cowl metal I need already but i will check this car out for some more.

Gary, When you have a chance, would you be able to post a picture of the back bumper? No rush. Thanks

I would like to buy the 8-track from ya, Gary, but im not sure if it would fit my Newport...any idea?
Check the radio and the instrument cluster face to see if that seems right to you. I am pretty sure the radio will bolt into your frame, just not sure of the cluster face will match up?

radio.jpg
instrument cluster1.jpg

Gary, When you have a chance, would you be able to post a picture of the back bumper? No rush. Thanks
Hey Oliver, took some pics of the bumper, it has a few dents in it so it isn't very good, I will check my 73 bumper I have in spares though and see if it is the same. I'm sure it is in better condition.

Bumper.jpg
Bumper1.jpg
Bumper2.jpg
Bumper3.jpg
Bumper4.jpg

Hey Oliver, took some pics of the bumper, it has a few dents in it so it isn't very good, I will check my 73 bumper I have in spares though and see if it is the same. I'm sure it is in better condition.

Hi Gary, thanks for the bumper pictures. It's worse than mine so I'll pass on it. I think the '73 bumper isn't exactly the same

The ‘73 Bumper has the holes for the huge bumperetts, other than that I believe the dimensions are the same.

Check the radio and the instrument cluster face to see if that seems right to you. I am pretty sure the radio will bolt into your frame, just not sure of the cluster face will match up?

View attachment 148996 View attachment 148997

I took a look last night and it will not match up to my car. The heater controls are in a different spot (lower) in my Newport. Thank you for the consideration though, Gary. :thumbsup:

I checked the rear bumper of the 73 and it is the same except for the over riders. I will get some pics tomorrow, I forgot today. It is it a whole lot better condition than the 72 though.

thank you for the pics, Gary.

I took a shot in the dark on that one to be honest. Yours is completely different.

I checked the rear bumper of the 73 and it is the same except for the over riders. I will get some pics tomorrow, I forgot today. It is it a whole lot better condition than the 72 though.

I appreciate your time and help Gary but I just found a '72 locally here that's in pretty decent condition so I will not be needing the 73. Thanks again.

Here is my back window. I know this can all be hand made, but after seeing what was done on the 69 CHP Polara in another thread, a few cuts and a donor roof seems like the route I am likely to take if I find something that is compatible. The NYB rear window is quite a bit different from mine. What're you thinking?

20170311_154042.jpg

20170326_165932.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back