1972 Monaco/Fury/Polara Stereo Dash speaker removal

greyrock

Reaction score
Hello Group, Any tips on what I need and how to remove the three dash speakers on a 72 Monaco? The two small left and right stereo and the single 4x10 (if it has one). I assume the small ones are bolted from under the dash as is the 4x10 center one. I'll be driving to a yard that is parting one out next week and want to be prepared with any special out of the ordinary tools I may need. I'm picking up the radio as well, that i've done before. Thanks!

If a factory stereo radio, should be FIVE speakers, three front, two rear, total. With a divider box and a rear stereo fader (looks just like the normal mono fader, just more wires). There will also be a wiring harness which goes from the lh frt kick panel area to the back speakers. Frt corner speakers are 3.5" and the rear speakers are 6x9s. Not sure if the frt ctr speaker will be 4x10, though.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

If the mounting screws for right and left front speakers are not accessible from above the dash,
Front left is accessible once you remove under column panel
Front right is accessible after you remove the glove box.
Center is accessible once radio is removed
You need the wiring harness including the thumbwheel fader if there is one on the under column panel.
Fader
PXL_20210909_003745710.jpg

Also, the wiring harness includes this Crossover for running rear speakers. Accessible with glove box removed.
PXL_20210920_215836015 x-over.jpg

Diagram from FSM
Stereo Radio-Fader wiring diagram.jpg

Hello Group, Any tips on what I need and how to remove the three dash speakers on a 72 Monaco? (...) I'll be driving to a yard that is parting one out next week and want to be prepared
If you can take photos of the fender tag for records, and happen to find the build sheet, it'd be great if you could post them here for records. AFAIK, there is one member who (regardless of the posting) may be interested in buying the build sheet.

Back