NOT MINE 1972 monaco wagon ....30K Canadian.

69monaco

Reaction score
1972 Dodge Monaco Station Wagon - cars & trucks - by owner

1972 dodge monaco

condition: excellent
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 5780
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
A very nice, rare Mopar 9 passenger wagon. Excellent original driver quality car needing very little to be perfect. 360 2 barrel 3 speed. Engine & transmission original to the car. A low option build, Power steering, brakes & tailgate window. Original Documentation back to Saskatchewan from new. Certified in BC & clear title in my name. Asking the wife for permission on this shouldn't be a problem. Only reply with a number to call if you're seriously interested. Asking 30K. No trades, Thanks.

1659206252030.png

1659206281391.png

1659206314400.png

1972 Dodge Monaco Station Wagon - cars & trucks - by owner

1972 dodge monaco
condition: excellent
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 5780
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
A very nice, rare Mopar 9 passenger wagon. Excellent original driver quality car needing very little to be perfect. 360 2 barrel 3 speed. Engine & transmission original to the car. A low option build, Power steering, brakes & tailgate window. Original Documentation back to Saskatchewan from new. Certified in BC & clear title in my name. Asking the wife for permission on this shouldn't be a problem. Only reply with a number to call if you're seriously interested. Asking 30K. No trades, Thanks.

View attachment 547778

View attachment 547779

View attachment 547780
LOL. Yeah the wife will probably go along with the sale to keep you happy. Great looking wagon with some of coolest hidden headlights. Are those Magnum 500 wheels? Any photos of the interior to share??

The price has been reduced to CAD 25k on both CL and Kijiji. GF3 confirmed with the tag.

The seller is nice and responsive, and he shared the following info and photos with me with authorization to post them there (after I decided to pass and, instead, to stick to the long-term plan of getting a 1971 Polara or Monaco wagon):

"The car was repainted in around 2006. I have all the photos of it prior to the repaint along with a detailed appraisal in around that time. There are 4 doors (power windows) chrome front bumper & tailgate with Dodge letters. All work & have good glass. Theses parts are currently (near) Calgary. It would take roughly 3-4K to make it perfect, included in that would be to upgrade the carb to 4bbl & to twin the exhaust."

VIN image1.jpeg

LHS REAR FENDER image1.jpeg

RHS REAR FENDER image1.jpeg

REAR SEAT image1.jpeg

TRUNK image1.jpeg

INTERIOR image1.jpeg

HEADLINER image1.jpeg

image1.jpeg

fender tag DP46K2D244460.jpeg

While this is a nice looking wagon, the current price of 20K CAD still seems aspirational to me. I assume the wagon has passed the 100K mile point given how the mileage is listed and with its original 360-2 bbl powertrain so a rebuild is likely in the not too distant future including the suspension. To get 20K it would need to be a big block at least for overseas buyers in my experience. Given this is a Canadian car, it also looks like along with the repaint there was rust repair done in the lower rear quarters at least given the wavy line at the bottom of that area and the less than crisp character line just above that area so I would want to see more photos of the underside to be sure of what I would be getting into. While low options may appeal to some folks, it would seem to need a healthy list of options including a/c and some description of what works (besides the power windows) and what doesn't to get even the current price. The cloth fabric covers on the front seat backs also suggest some upholstery work might be needed.

Last edited:
The ad for DP46K2D244460 is back up on Kijiji in North Vancouver, with the asking price further lowered to CAD 18k. VIN tag and a closer shot of the fender tag for records. Note the C VON.

1684072793691.png

-b2bf-44bb-a52f-12c7c43ed52f?rule=kijijica-640-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Beauty! But I don't see $18K CDN there ($13,500 USD). I'd be in at $10K USD, were I a buyer. It's sure pretty damned nice!

LOL. Yeah the wife will probably go along with the sale to keep you happy. Great looking wagon with some of coolest hidden headlights. Are those Magnum 500 wheels? Any photos of the interior to share??
Hey Fury. I that car you have in your pics looks just like one I sold about a decade ago. How long have you owned it?

Back