For Sale 1972 New Yorker 2 door hard top

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sure does, and his sunroof doesn't fully close either!

00505_1pcGIr8jIZg_600x450.jpg

How the Hell can I get anything done when cars like this come along and I gotta have it?

Why do you say so? I cant see any giveaways in the pictures.

Offhand, I at least see some waviness above the driver side rear wheel and forward of it too, right above the lower trim. And at rear edge of door too. Lower driver quarter looks funny too at rear.

00l0l_j8V39RMoj7O_1200x900.jpg
00505_1pcGIr8jIZg_1200x900.jpg
00p0p_7EECKkgIUgp_1200x900.jpg

Usually there is trim where that gold pinstripe is above the wide mouldings and that trim is held on with studded fasteners.

Real pretty car, but I'd say that it's had extensive rust repair done, and that's why it doesn't have the upper side trim anymore. You can see that the rear 18 inches or so of the stub frame has been capped. Look at the rectangular cut-out to access the rear body bolt in the upper right corner of the photo. Also, look at how badly corroded the left front wheel opening trim is. Sorry to say, but a patched up Jersey rust bucket.

Jeff

I hate to say it, East coast cars have their issues, and they are Bad ones. To them Nebraska cars are clean. in Nebraska, Colorado and states west are clean cars. In Colorado California cars are considered clean cars. Funny how the perspective changes as one moves west.

I love the seats and rimblow wheel...

Re the rust issues - interior driver's door panel shoes evidence of wetness... not good - rusties may be hiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back