1972 out for a spin

oliver

Reaction score
After a year of inactivity, it got a lot of exercise this afternoon. It was happy to see daylight and performed very well all around town and on the Xpwy. It also got some fresh gas and a new NYS inspection sticker. I had forgotten how nice it is to drive these cars.
chrys rear.jpg
chrysler out.jpg
Chrys frt.jpg

After driving the Chrysler for most of the afternoon, my Lincoln felt like a little econo-box

2000tc.jpg

You're probably right but it would have to be out of town. I did inquire with a shop that does convertible tops and seats but the young owner wasn't around when these cars were still on the road...When he insisted that my car should have a thick padded vinyl top, that was the end of the encounter

It takes some looking around . I had seats done once on a recommendation and it worked out well . I took a car for a quote on a top replacement and I couldnt get out of there fast enough

The seat isn't at the very top of my priority list but I'd like to find the correct material for it and hold it until someone comes along who can fix it.

Very nice Chrysler.I put 100,000 on a 71', and it was one of the most stable cars I ever owned. Also, I have an NOS Hood and fender for that car if you ever get the need to stash parts.

I agree with bluefury361. I've been given some great leads at the car shows and cruise nights. You must get that beauty on the road more than once a year!

I agree with bluefury361. I've been given some great leads at the car shows and cruise nights. You must get that beauty on the road more than once a year!
Totally agree. Problem is I don't have much free time and when I do have the time, I don't feel like it. This poor car has been driven 3,000 miles since 1978. There will be another little spin this afternoon.

Back