For Sale 1972 PLYMOUTH FURY GRAN COUPE 8K miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Factorial

Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine and I couldn't find it via the search here but it looks familiar.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

HI I AM SELLING MY 1972 PLYMOUTH GRAN COUPE. LET ME START OFF BY SAYING THIS CAR IS NOTHING SHORT OF MAGNIFICENT. IT COMES WITH LOTS OF DOCUMENTATION,BROCHURES AND ORIGINAL WINDOW STICKER. THIS CAR IS VERY RARE AS THE GRAN COUPE WAS A RARE MODEL. IT RETAINS IT'S ORIGINAL 400CI (E63) ENGINE THAT HAS BEEN REBUILT RECENTLY. IT HAS BEEN UPGRADED TO A 4BBL CARB. AND A SMALL CAM HAS ALSO BEEN ADDED. THIS CAR SOUNDS INCREDABLE AS IT HAS A SOFT LOBE AND A GREAT RUMBLE. IT ALSO RETAINS IT'S ORIGINAL TORQUEFLITE TRANSMISSION (D34). THIS CAR WAS ALSO ORDERED WITH A SURE GRIP DIFFERENTIAL (D91). IN ADDITION TO IT'S ORIGINAL ENGINE AND TRANS, IT WAS ORDERED WITH ELECTRONIC IGNITION (N23), HEAVY DUTY SUSPENSION (S13), AND HEAVY DUTY SHOCK ABSORBERS (S25). THIS CAR STARTS RIGHT UP EVERYTIME AND RUNS DOWN THE ROAD FANTASTIC. THERE ARE NO FLUID LEAKS, NO SMOKE AND NO UNUSUAL NOISES. AS YOU CAN SEE BY THE ENGINE BAY PICTURES, IT'S BRAND NEW INCLUDING THE INNER WHEEL WELLS. THE EXHAUST IS BRAND NEW FROM FRONT TO BACK. I HAVE VIDEOS OF THIS CAR RUNNING AND YOU CAN REQUEST THEM AT ANY TIME.

THIS CAR WAS ALSO ORDERED WITH THE FUREY TOP HAT PACKAGE (A07) WHICH INCLUDES FACTORY AIR CONDITIONING, AM/FM RADIO, VINYL ROOF, TINTED GLASS, LIGHT PACKAGE AND REAR SPEAKER AMONG OTHER ITEMS.

THE EXTERIOR IS RAZOR STRAIGHT. THERE ARE NO DENTS AND THERE IS ABSOLUTLEY NO BONDO ON THIS CAR. I CAN NOT FIND A DROP OF BODY WORK ON THIS CAR. THE PAINT IS EXCELLENT. IT WAS REPAINTED A COUPLE YEARS AGO AND ASIDE FROM A COUPLE CHIPS IT STILL LOOKS FRESH. ALL THE MOLDINGS LOOK NEW AND ARE IN PLACE. THE BUMPERS ARE ORIGINAL AND ARE PRESENTABLE BUT NOT SHOW. THE VYNAL TOP IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. THERE IS NOT A DROP OF RUST ON THIS CAR. I HAVE INCLUDED PICTURES OF THE INNER DOORS AND CLEAR PHOTOS OF THE ROCKERS FOR YOUR REVIEW. I HAVE MANY PICTURES OF THE UNDER SIDE AND WILL SUPPLY THEM UPON REQUEST AS THERE IS A LIMIT ON THE NUMBER OF PICTURES ALLOWED IN THESE ADS.

THE INTERIOR IS EXCELLENT. THE SEATS ARE ORIGINAL AND ARE PERFECT EXCEPT FOR 2 TEARS ON THE BOTTOM OF THE DRIVERS SEAT.(SEE THE PICTURE). THE DOOR PANELS ARE PERFECT. THE CARPET AS I AM NOT SURE IT WAS EVER REPLACED IT IS PERFECT AS WELL. THIS HEADLINER LOOKS NEW AS THERE ARE NO STAINS, TEARS OR SAGING. ALL THE LIGHTS AND GAGES WORK INCLUDING THE FLIP UP HEADLITES AND THE AM/FM RADIO. THE GAS GAGE WORKS AS WELL. THE DASH DOES NOT HAVE ANY CRACKS OR DISCOLORIZATION. THE CAR WAS ORDERED WITH THE FRONT SPLIT BENCH SEAT WHICH IT STILL RETAINS. ALL THE GLASS IS ORIGINAL AND THE WINDOWS GO UP AND DOWN AS THEY SHOULD.

*****THE UNDERSIDE DOES NOT HAVE A DROP OF RUST.***** THE UNDERSIDE LOOKS BRAND NEW. THE FRAME AND FLOORS LOOK TO HAVE BEEN BUILT YESTERDAY. I HAVE MANY PICTURES FOR YOUR REVIEW UPON REQUEST. THERE IS A LIMIT TO THE NUMBER OF PICTURES YOU CAN PUT UP IN THESE ADS. THE TRUNK IS ALSO RUST FREE. ALL OF THESE PANELS ARE ORIGINAL AND THERE ARE NOT ANY PATCHES. THAT GOES TO SHOW HOW MUCH THIS CAR WAS LOVED.

PLEASE BID TO WIN. PLEASE BID ONLY IF YOU INTEND TO WIN. 0 BIDDERS AND LOW FEEDBACK BIDDERS WILL BE ELIMINATED, IF YOU DONT CONTACT ME BEFORE PLACING A BID. THAT IS ANY BIDDER WITH LESS THEN 10 CURRENT FEEDBACKS. PLEASE ASK ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS BEFORE YOU BID AS WELL. MY NAME IS DAVID AND CAN BE REACHED AT 856-308-6508. I AM AVAILABLE AT MOST TIMES FOR YOU TO PREVIEW THIS CAR. ***** ALSO PLEASE REVIEW THE PAYMENT TERMS OF THIS AUCTION, AS I AM A STICKLER AND THERE WILL NOT BE ANY DEVIATION.****** THERE IS A $200 DEPOSIT BY PAYPAL IMMEDIATLEY AND FULL PAYMENT WITHIN 3 DAYS VIA ELECTRONIC WIRE TRANSFER OR CASH IN PERSON. I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO END THIS AUCTION AT ANYTIME AS IT IS FOR SALE LOCALLY AS WELL. THIS CAR IS BEING SOLD AS IS AND TRERE ARE NO RETURNS.

***** OK PLEASE ONLY MAKE A BID IF YOU 100% ARE READY TO PURCHASE. PLEASE ASK YOUR WIFE FIRST AND HAVE FUNDS READY. THANK YOU. ******

Current Bid: US $8,250.00 (reserve not met)
Buy it now: US $14,500.00

1972 Plymouth Fury | eBay

I'd be worried about a car that old with so few miles on it (assuming it truly is 8K). Looks nice and clean.

Sharp car, a few flaws and a few improvements. $10-12K would be more in line, IMHO.

Ad says low miles, does not say the 8,000 or so are original. Based on carpets and front seat, I believe it would be 108,000 miles.

Ad says low miles, does not say the 8,000 or so are original. Based on carpets and front seat, I believe it would be 108,000 miles.

And the A/C compressor has been replaced, a new master cylinder, etc.

Rebuilt engine, repainted a few years back, along with seat and carpet suggest this is not an 8000 mile car. I like it regardless but a bit on the high side.

I would assume it is 108K miles, but well maintained ones.

Nice looking car with seemingly a lot of careful work done on it judging from the underhood photos. I doubt it was ever driven in winter.

Driver seating position is soiled and there are tears in the bottom seat cover and the carpet is dirty as well. The engine has been rebuilt and the car repainted with bumpers that could use replating, so I doubt this happened in 8K miles. The interior isn't sunburned either, which makes me believe the driver seat tears are not from too much heat making the cloth fragile.

Given the fairly wide gap between the passenger door and the front fender, I wonder whether some body work has been done in that area with a poor door fit accompanying the work - maybe.

edit - it looks like the last four posts including mine were made about the same time....................!

Last edited:
In addition to what is noted above, It has an after market carb with electric choke. A/C tubing has been painted in spots where it should be bare metal. VIN tag on driver's door shows paint over spray. Dash looks to have been resprayed, appears to have some mold growing on the headliner. This is a 108k car, and it is way overpriced, probably worth in the neighborhood of $8K with the stained carpets and torn driver's seat. Would also need photo's of underside and trunk to make a fair evaluation.

Dave

Man you guys have good eyes!

Not mine and I couldn't find it via the search here but it looks familiar.

It's a good thing I'm not in the market. This looks like my Grandfathers car, with the exception of he had the 360 and stock wheels. He visited here in the early to mid seventies and took off with my parents in their car on vacation. While they were gone I cleaned it up nicely, went to the "auto recycling center" and got an unbroken cruise control switch for it, installed it, test drove it all over until they got back. I really liked that car.

Had I known what was coming, I'd have pulled every cruise switch / lever I could find...especially the tilt / telescope ones...

Robert

I like the car and I'm not a fan of 1972's, however "FUREY" leads me to believe he's not a Mopar fanatic.

The car appears to have been worked on and not in the usual amateurish way. (garage flipper). Some observations, first off, acid rain de-chroming of the front bumper, not unusual for a un-garage car from the Northeast (car is located in NJ), engine rebuilt "SOFT LOBE AND A GREAT RUMBLE" cam has ruined it IMHO, plus the Cragers, but that can be easily undone.

"AS YOU CAN SEE BY THE ENGINE BAY PICTURES, IT'S BRAND NEW INCLUDING THE INNER WHEEL WELLS." Don't really understand that, new inner wheel wells? Why? Did this car have a front clip done on it? Accident? He says the bumpers are original, confusing.
Brags all about no rust and gives lame excuse about not able to show pictures to back up the claim. Missing throttle kick down spring, GM'ified upper radiator hose, is it a correct hose? Some other small things noticed in the engine bay that are odd.

Like I said much work went into this and not amateurish but they missed a few spots.

Spot #1

1972 PLYMOUTH FUREY GRAN COUPE.015.ENLARGE.jpg

Spot #2 This is way more than 100k miles of grime.

1972 PLYMOUTH FUREY GRAN COUPE.014.ENLARGE.jpg

Now to what I find that is correct (rarely correct) and has been inquired about and discussed here. TAILPIPES! Correct end curve and slash, although hanging a little too low these are correct as on my 1968 Fury back in 1970 and I have documented with historical period 1969 cop car Fury's that these are correct and I wonder where he got them.

1972 PLYMOUTH FUREY GRAN COUPE.002.Tailpipes.ENLARGE.jpg

1972 PLYMOUTH FUREY GRAN COUPE.003.Tailpipes.ENLARGE.jpg

Now if it were a 'Triple Pickle' we'd have a winner!

:rofl:

Taking his second bite at the apple now. Those second bites have a low success rate if the price is close to the original first try. People remember and start to avoid the seller. Two days left and no takers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back