NOT MINE 1972 sunroof Imperial (2dr, GB5 blue, V1B blue vinyl top, MRXW white leather interior)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Not mine! This post is a repeat of another started yesterday by @Marv yesterday. I am taking the liberty to double-post about YM23T2C200587 in the hope that someone will step up and save this car.

(Most of?) the usual suspects have their hands full, and this LeBaron deserves better than the derby or being parted out. In addition to a great color scheme, this Imp has a SUNROOF!

This car has been posted for parts on Facebook 06/01/2020 in Massillon, OH but it appears that the seller is willing to sell the whole lot. @saforwardlook posted her tag, and boy is she nicely equipped.

Here is one photo (repeat) of the front, plus 3 pics from FB that have not yet been posted on FCBO. And, to boot, here is a decode:

YM: Imperial LeBaron
23: 2 Door Hardtop

T: 440 cid 4-barrel V8
2: 1972
C: Jefferson Avenue, MI, USA

200587: Sequence number

E85: 440 cid 4-barrel V8
D34: Automatic Transmission
GB5: Bright Blue Poly Exterior Color
MRXW: Trim - Opt. Decor Group, Leather Bucket Seats, Black/White
000: Full Door Panels
106: Build Date: January 06
G40159: Order number (Note the G VON for a sunroof car!)

V1B: Full Vinyl Top, Blue
H53: AutoTemp A/C
L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
L35: Cornering Lamps

M45: Fender Skirts
P31: Power Windows
P41: Power Door Locks
S61: Tilt/Telescopic Steering Column
N23: Electronic Ignition System

V5B: Body Side Molding Inserts, Blue (Thx Cuda!)
G11: Tinted Glass (all)
P45: Power Deck Lid Release

R32: Dual Rear Speakers
R48: Power Antenna

M51: Power Sunroof w/Vinyl Roof

101688353_973204376483896_6943539482729644032_o.jpg

101575097_973202403150760_7226350524981837824_o.jpg

101699507_973202506484083_4088274309867372544_o.jpg

102437559_973202646484069_4616337914685554688_o.jpg

Last edited:
Wouldn't the v5B be the protective body side moldings with the blue insert? I believe that's it and not side stripes.
What was the price?
It has now been sold.

Bad *** car!

The ad stated that the body/panels weren't for sale. Future custom or derby candidate?

When I clicked on the link to the FB add, this popped up in the "other things you might like section".

A Lincoln with Chrysler road wheels and AMC centers.

c_oc=AQk3QyObikjqg_SiqTI2y3dMDgscqJBFjLas1mk_fvx2TNeudqqYH0h-FPhRJ3-l-zo&_nc_ht=scontent.fphl2-4.jpg

Jeff

The Imperial ad says Sold 1234.00 ! Gotta love Facebook !!!

I
The Imperial ad says Sold 1234.00 ! Gotta love Facebook !!!
I was in contact with him on Face book by messaging him personally. I offered him $2100.00 for it and he said another buyer was coming over that night to look at it. Told him not to sell to derby guys and thoroughly check the buyer out. Came back the next day said he sold the car to the guy. I ask him if he wouldn't mind if he would tell me how much it sold for and who was the buyer? A collector? Parting it out? Someone going to save it? A older fellow or a younger fellow? He never replied and ghosted on me. Its been 2 days now since I last spoke to him and since it sold. I prewarned him how rare of a piece of machinery he had in his hands.

I

I was in contact with him on Face book by messaging him personally. I offered him $2100.00 for it and he said another buyer was coming over that night to look at it. Told him not to sell to derby guys and thoroughly check the buyer out. Came back the next day said he sold the car to the guy. I ask him if he wouldn't mind if he would tell me how much it sold for and who was the buyer? A collector? Parting it out? Someone going to save it? A older fellow or a younger fellow? He never replied and ghosted on me. Its been 2 days now since I last spoke to him and since it sold. I prewarned him how rare of a piece of machinery he had in his hands.
Obviously didn't give a **** about the rarity of the car and demo derby wingnuts love to destroy Imperials, can't say I'm hopeful about the car's future.

Gonna get worse before it gets better. Getting to be a lot of top payouts over 10k some in the teens.
In my home town they wrote the Imperials out in the rules in the 80's. The locals were sick of pros coming to town with 4 car teams. It was a cash grab.

A friend of mine ran a 72 charger. Was a nice car. Did not last 1 minute.

The ad stated that the body/panels weren't for sale. Future custom or derby candidate?

That sounds odd.

I

I'm glad someone tried saving it! Too bad it didn't work out for you. I would guess he didn't get back to you because he doesn't care, about the cars history, and collector interest. Which isn't in anybody's best interest, except for those we pray this car didn't end up with. Sounds like he sold it to whoever showed up first, with cash. We can still hope it went to a good home. A few years ago I looked at a '73 Imperial sunroof coupe, and passed on it, seller texted me back to let me know it was sold, and heading on a cross country trip, to go to a collector. That was the truth. It's on this forum now!

I

Have you been checking the book of faces marketplace, and Craigslist, to see if it shows up again? There's a chance it was "saved" by a flipper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back