1973 Chrysler Imperial Coupe - $2900

Status
Not open for further replies.

70NPORT

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
*Not mine*

for sale is a rare 1973 Chrysler Imperial Coupe one of only and handful made. This was a special order car, ordered in bright red paint also equipted with the original white leather power bucket seats, power windows, power door locks, cruise control, tilt and telescopic wheel, a/c, factory Chrysler alarm, elec trunk release.

Back in 1994-1995 the original 440 engine and transmission were rebuilt, front end was done also. over $13,000 was spent, new gas tank, dual exhaust.
The floors and frame are in excellent condition, but it does have rust on the rear quarters and bottoms of the fenders.

the car runs and drives great with only 96,000 miles.

LOWERED PRICE TO $2,900

Call 813-965-3533

No scammers!!!! No Nigerian scams!!!!

Only serious byuers!!

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/3207392782.html

1973 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron 52.jpg

Lowered price, getting desperate to sell

1973 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron 52.jpg

I talked to the owner of this car at length last year. Nice guy, nothing to hide - he wants to move this car, it has some nice options. Go get it NYB.

NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I have known about this car for a long time. It's been heavily patched with tin, drywall screws, and drywall compound. That's all I have to say.

"Nice guy, nothing to hide - he wants to move this car, it has some nice options"
Total Bullchit. He's been pimping it forever. It has "sold 3 times on ebay already"
NOT a nice guy and is hiding a lot.

Last edited:
NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I have known about this car for a long time. It's been heavily patched with tin, drywall screws, and drywall compound. That's all I have to say.

"Nice guy, nothing to hide - he wants to move this car, it has some nice options"
Total Bullchit. He's been pimping it forever. It has "sold 3 times on ebay already"
NOT a nice guy and is hiding a lot.

I didn't say the car was perfect, OBVIOUSLY it needs some work......he's been "pimping" it forever because his original $$$ expectations were WAY too high for a car in the condition it is in...he intitially did not want to come down off his asking price, but looks like time is telling him he's way too high...nobody was going to bite at his asking "prices". I'm not trying to defend the guy but when I talked with him he was UPFRONT with everything about the car and in fact cautioned me about driving the car back up to the northeast, he was very leary about it driving on such a long trip rather than just around town. He mentioned alot of other stuff going on with the car that would normally scare others off.....and I've chased lots of fuselage Imperials. I was thinking about taking it before I found the Newport (but not at the price he was asking at the time). If he were to come down another grand or so, I'd say that's good enough.

Youtube link...and the car DOES have some unique/desirable options.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIKp7Pz-now

So you're saying if he comes down to two grand, you're going to buy it.

Sent using Forum Runner

Thanks all! In my quest for an Imp, there's a lot of checks and balances that I would have feel comfortable with during my search for an Imp before inking the deal. I'm not in a hurry.

So you're saying if he comes down to two grand, you're going to buy it.

Sent using Forum Runner

I'm not buying anything now, I already found my score......but if he came down again to 1500-2000, or anywhere in between and I was still looking, I would damn sure be back on the phone talking the talk. That Imp has some nice options, and its mostly all there AND sounds healthy enough to get back here. I hold no illusions or enchantments about the body work, but I've seen worse clunkers with little options and owners asking for way more. He and I were trying hammer out a deal and I wouldn't drop the hammer b/c even though I wanted the car he was asking WAY to much. But now it looks like time has forced him to face the music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back