SOLD 1973 Chrysler Imperial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful car! Where’s @DocMcNeedy these days?
I'm doing just fine now. I had a 2 month prostate scare. I fully recovered and worked while being treated. I took a big break from social media/ etc after the election...I'm very, very busy fixing teeth. Patients are breaking more teeth and having issues more now than the pre-Covid era. I am happily driving and caretaking for three '73 Imperials these days. My Dogs and Wifey are healthy too...so life is good.

I'm doing just fine now. I had a 2 month prostate scare. I fully recovered and worked while being treated. I took a big break from social media/ etc after the election...I'm very, very busy fixing teeth. Patients are breaking more teeth and having issues more now than the pre-Covid era. I am happily driving and caretaking for three '73 Imperials these days. My Dogs and Wifey are healthy too...so life is good.
I’m glad you’re ok buddy and life is good. Thanks for checking in.
So this car does nothing for you???:poke:

What's funny is that the original PAC controller was actually a Mercedes-Benz part with a Chrysler part number on it. Identical in every way! When they were still available from both Chrysler and M-B, the Chrysler part was around $330 or so. The identical part from M-B? Nearly $800!

What's funny is that the original PAC controller was actually a Mercedes-Benz part with a Chrysler part number on it. Identical in every way! When they were still available from both Chrysler and M-B, the Chrysler part was around $330 or so. The identical part from M-B? Nearly $800!

Mercedes Benz bought the patent rights from Chrysler for the Autotemp II system but substantially improved the quality so they wouldn't fail every two years under normal use, just like Chysler's non-Autotemp II heater control valves made of bakelite plastic. Chrysler lost a lot of customers over their cheap decision on their controllers and a lot of ruined engines when drivers didn't notice soon enough when the engines had overheated from coolant loss, especially those with just warning lights for engine temperature monitoring. PAC adopted the same upgrades that Mercedes made in their systems and maybe even more. The PAC units go the distance in my experience with one of my Imperials with that upgrade still working after more than 10 years now.

Last edited:
I have another one that I plan to sell. It it an excellent car, but has not run for 15 years. Triple black! I only have really crappy photos of it. The price will be substantially lower. If you're interested send me a PM.

i think i sent you a pm. Not great on mobile..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back