SOLD 1973 Chrysler Imperial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperial One

Reaction score
Contact seller
It's time for me to let this car go. I have three 1973 Imperials, and this car is easily the best of the three. For me it has been a quest to re-live old times. When I was a teenager my dad bought a 1972 Imperial - triple black. I loved that car. And really, other than the bumper tits (the 5 mph bumper) there's not much difference between the '72s and '73s.

I bought this car in 2014 even though I had two other Imperials because of its excellent condition. This is an original paint, no rust vehicle. But I just can't LIVE with a white interior. I paid $12,000 $US when I bought the car. That's what I am looking to sell it for: this is a hobby for me and I am not looking to make any cash on it. We'll ignore the cash I invested subsequent to the purchase. That's just keeping it going.
$_57.JPG
afafas.JPG
asdfsaf.JPG
dfsad.JPG
dsfasd.JPG

While this car is excellent, it is NOT perfect. The paint, while original, has minor imperfections that you would expect with a 50 year old car. When I bought the car the seller said the air conditioning ran "cool" not cold. That was bullshit: the a/c does not work. The car runs and drives well, and I would not hesitate to drive it a long distance. It does not like being "floored" though, and I expect that is a carb issue. The white leather interior shows some soiling but it is in generally acceptable/good condition. The lights need attention. It has the auto dimming system and it doesn't really work.

So the price is $12,000 $US. I live in Canada, so Canadians can pay $15,000 $CDN. I am not looking to trade for a car, but I would trade for vintage Rolex watches, gold or silver coins, or scrap gold or silver. I am developing arthritis in my hands and so far that is preventing me from playing the guitar, and is precluding me doing any work on cars.

Note these photos were taken by the previous owner circa 2014. Nothing has changed. I just got the car out of the "car condom" that I had my car stored in during the winter (see my old thread about that here: Nighty Night!) and it started right up with no drama.

If there is anything else you'd like a photo of I will do my best to oblige.

The car is located in London, Ontario which is half way between Detroit, MI and Toronto, Ontario.

Last edited:
its absolutely beautiful dave, wish i could afford it !
good luck with the sale

mark

I have a 73' under a tarp waiting to be restored (two years now). These pictures sure give me motivation to get my other projects done and get on the 73'. Beautiful automobile. Hope it goes to a good home.

A prospective buyer might want to know the miles on it - I think it might be showing almost 57K on it?

Also, while it has the Autotemp II system on it, I also see it has the remanufacturered Performance Analysis Company controller under the hood so it is surprising that the system doesn't work. When you turn the system on, does the fan even come on or just nothing? If no fan, it is likely there is a bad vacuum check valve in the system - when those go bad, nothing responds at all, including the blower motor. There are a few of those valves in the system and they are probably $5 each. The fix might be simple (plus a recharge of the system probably too).

Those auto dimming systems rarely worked for long.............since I have never had that option, I assume you can still control the headlights with the button on the floor?

Last edited:
White Leather is the worst! Looks great when it's new but afte a couple years....not so much! Still, this is a nice looking ride!

@Moseman might be interested ? My understanding was you´re looking for 2 door cars, but this one is a very nice example

@Moseman might be interested ? My understanding was you´re looking for 2 door cars, but this one is a very nice example
Yes, it is nice, but... I have a couple of 73 4 doors, that I would get rid of. If it was a two door, I would already have wired the money!

@Imperial One, I suspect that the tuxedo color combo will be of great appeal to many folks. I love it but am not in the market for a 1973 Imperial (I sold Elsie, my EW1 four-door, a year and a half ago), otherwise I would have been in touch.

As @saforwardlook noted, it might help to state whether the heater works as the answer will matter re: diagnostic of the A/C repair. I also wonder about the rimblow horn (I see one crack in the rim) and the headlights (the doors are misaligned, are the motors out of order)?

Good luck with the sale of YM43T3C288551 :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions gents. My car is stored remotely and I will answer questions when I can get to the garage.

Also, while it has the Autotemp II system on it, I also see it has the remanufacturered Performance Analysis Company controller under the hood so it is surprising that the system doesn't work.

can i ask where is the PAC controller in the pic ? im not knowledgeable enough to recognise of which you speak !

mark

Last edited:
The body of the controller is made of aluminum that will not crack while the factory ones are black plastic that will crack after about 2 years of regular use. Also Performance Analysis Company will provide personal help if you run into issues in getting things to work correctly. The company also sells the separate amplifiers that are wise to buy as well if you want to ensure reliable performance over time.

I wish ma Mopar would've put those amplifiers inside heater/evap box near the fan with an access panel. That resistor gets pretty hot. I think that's why they burn out prematurely. At hundred bucks a whack you better make sure everything is in order.

If I were in the market for a nice C-body four-door, an Imperial hardtop is the only way to go! I like the car, and the color combo. I'd also have to have working A/C for the money, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back