For Sale 1973 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham - $6500 (Columbus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always liked them... in high school and after I wanted one, but never owned one... these days I don't have the space to even consider it. If you like the car... don't worry about us... we will find something to love in it. As long as it's a used car its fair game and some of frustrations will be taken out... I think the price is high... but you need to look it over to judge for yourself.

Definitely will check it out - hopefully Zymurgy can give it a good look over - Columbus, OH is a bit of a drive from upstate South Carolina. Price is a bit high, but if it really checks out to be well taken care of vehicle, it may be worth a bit of a premium.

If Zymurgy can give a good review on it - I will definitely give it a serious look

This is the Mariner edition our neighbor had - to a 7 yr old kid at the time, this was the greatest car EVER!:steering:

I thought they were so rich (well, they did pretty well to buy this new)

1973-chrysler-newport-mariner.jpg

That's different. Never hear of a Mariner but I've seen several Navaho editions.

I bought a dark blue (Royal Blue?) Newport Custom like that in '76. Passed on a 71 Fury Gran Coupe to buy it. :BangHead:

Kevin

I got the ball rolling with an e-mail. I will PM when I have an appointment set up.

This '73 is a really nice looking car. But I'm not sure about the A/C. Is it AutoTemp II? I can't tell, but it looks like there is a temperature control thumb wheel there above the heater controls. . . Does his ad say: "Needs Charged" anywhere ?
Easy fix. Parts available cheap on ebay...

A tad more on The Mariner.

View attachment 71690
It would be interesting to put the question out there if anybody has ever seen one in person. I met a gentleman back about 5 years ago at Carlisle that worked in the Jefferson plant and he described putting together the navajo edition. He painted on the orange stripe via template. Wish I had asked him about the mariner or if he had any memories about that being produced.

It would be interesting to put the question out there if anybody has ever seen one in person. I met a gentleman back about 5 years ago at Carlisle that worked in the Jefferson plant and he described putting together the navajo edition. He painted on the orange stripe via template. Wish I had asked him about the mariner or if he had any memories about that being produced.

I do distinctly remember the Mariner edition as a kid - the Aqua color and the "porthole" window could not be missed. How those people ever got one living in coastal Maine at the time is beyond me.

Anybody have an ides hoe Navajo or Mariners were produced?

Anybody have an ides hoe Navajo or Mariners were produced?

That would be interesting for all three divisions but I have a strong feeling they weren't broken out from the typical 2 door and 4 door numbers. Only a couple of codes here and there would denote one as it does on mine.

Since it was a beautiful 70 day in Ohio I Checked out and test drove the 73 NYer for I wanttaImp. It is a solid original car but more like $2,000 at best. Orignial paint very thin, few bumps here and there and bad bondo on rear quaters. Missing condenser for A/C. All the power window switch covers missing and broken, window work with a screw driver. Driver seat ripped in a couple of places.

The good the vinyl top in amazing shape, solid frame, rear trunk pan good. Other seats and interior very good shape. Loaded, power vents....

Here are the pictures I took if anyone is still interested

https://www.flickr.com/gp/90316451@N07/Pk9SAZ

Last edited:
Oops...

Page
Not Found

Oops! Looks like you followed a bad link.

If you think this is a problem with Flickr, please tell us.

Here is a link to the home page.

2016-02-21-f38ed411

That would be interesting for all three divisions but I have a strong feeling they weren't broken out from the typical 2 door and 4 door numbers. Only a couple of codes here and there would denote one as it does on mine.

Can you post a picture of your fender tag and point out the codes that are unique to denote that. That is very interesting to know especially since you have one.

I reloaded the link. Both should work if on a phone use chrome to access.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/90316451@N07/Pk9SAZ
Thanks for the pics... WTF is up with the window switches? Have they become that hard to find? $2k seems a bit more appropriate estimate... it's a nice car... that has not been sorted out and does need some minor body work.

Yet another car that has fallen down the rabbit hole because if something wasn't available at AutoZone, it was disconnected. And it just piled up over the years as the owner made sure it stayed shiny, even over the rust.

Yet another car that has fallen down the rabbit hole because if something wasn't available at AutoZone, it was disconnected. And it just piled up over the years as the owner made sure it stayed shiny, even over the rust.
This is very true. The original owner removed the A/C condenser because the car would over heat with A/C in WTF. He installed a toggle switch, shown in one of the photos because the factory high speed switch went bad.

I think it would make a great car for someone. The original owner bought it new and the second owner is his first cousin. I get the feeling it was just given to the cousin. The original owners parents died and he moved back to Italy. The cousin has had it for 2 years and said he is not a Mopar guy, so he really doesn't know what it is worth.

If he gets enough people telling him it only worth $2,000 at best he may get the picture. He has no real love for this car, I could tell. If he did 2 years ago it is gone now.

This is very true. The original owner removed the A/C condenser because the car would over heat with A/C in WTF. He installed a toggle switch, shown in one of the photos because the factory high speed switch went bad.

I think it would make a great car for someone. The original owner bought it new and the second owner is his first cousin. I get the feeling it was just given to the cousin. The original owners parents died and he moved back to Italy. The cousin has had it for 2 years and said he is not a Mopar guy, so he really doesn't know what it is worth.

If he gets enough people telling him it only worth $2,000 at best he may get the picture. He has no real love for this car, I could tell. If he did 2 years ago it is gone now.

This person has a pro level toolbox in his photos... but he would appear to be from the bottom of the barrel in mechanical ability and logic. BTW for those that dont know, R12 and air tend to make acid and its harmful for the system to sit open. This guy apparently didnt know or care...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back